“Might Nice Asian”
Review of Green Papaya

Green Papaya
Ranked #12 of 2,001 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Jacksonville, Florida
“Might Nice Asian”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

If you are looking for Asian food in the North end, take the trip to the River City Marketplace for the Green Papaya.

The menu highlights Thai but they have various popular Chinese dishes and a Singaporean dish we treasure: the Mango Chicken.

We usually start with the Crab Rangoon which in contrast to most places, actually has crab you can see and taste in them.

The Pad Thai uses narrow rice noodles rather than the thick and has a nice balance of the expected Pad Thai flavors. I wish it came with limes and more cilantro and bean sprouts.

Try the Panag Curry which is unique to me with eggplant instead of the more common potato. The balance between spice, coconut milk and peanut flavors was perfect.

I am sorry these are the only dishes I can report on. We are stuck on them.

The ambience is quiet and the decor is an elegant modern.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank TervurenTrails

Bluffton
“Great meal”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stopped in on a late Friday for a meal after my girlfriend's flight got in.. saw all of these reviews and was really excited to check this place out.. Surprisingly the restaurant was pretty dead, just two tables besides ours.. I was a little nervous because the restaurant smelled like crab when we sat down(not appetizing crab).. but soon after the smell went away. We actually struck up conversation with the couple next to us and they told us how they dine there all of the time, and we would see why soon. WOW, they were right.. To start, both of our soups were fantastic. I got the Thai vegetable and she got the wonton(she just got back from Italy for 7 months and was craving it).. For our entrees my drunken noodles were spot on and the girlfriend got marinated stir fry eggplant.. probably two of the tastiest and largest plates of Thai food we have ever had, pretty sure they gave her an entire eggplant.. really a shame too because we didn't have a fridge in our hotel, should have split just one entree, womp womp. Service was average, nothing special but nothing wrong with it. Would absolutely go back in a heartbeat if I was in the area.. awesome value as well, bill was next to nothing.

• Visited May 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Very yummy!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Had the wonton soup which was very tasty. Then the "amazing curry" with shrimp and scallops. It was delicious. The curry was a very heavy thick peanut based just how I like it. Broccoli was cooked nicely and not overdone like some places. Big portions. I will return. Prices very reasonable, too.

• Visited August 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Thai food in an unlikely location!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This restaurant is in a strip that is part of the River City Marketplace near the airport, a few doors down from Best Buy and across the parking lot from a multiplex movie theater.
As soon as you walk in, you just feel relaxed. The furniture is contemporary and comfortable, and they have a nice small waterfall mounted on the back wall for a pleasant white noise background. The service is friendly and attentive.
The best feature is the food itself. It's as good as any Thai food we've tried anywhere in the country. As far as heat, unless you can take really hot Thai food, don't go over 3 out of 5 on the heat scale (you've been warned).
Since it's in sort of a hidden location, it's never too crowded, unlike the long line of chain restaurants (Red Lobster, Chili's, Olive Garden, BBW's, etc. just yards away.
If you ever have some extra time before or after a flight, it's definitely worth finding... just keep it to yourself, though, or it'll get too popular and us locals will have to wait in line :-)

• Visited June 2013
Key West, Florida
“Great place!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have been to this place on several occasions. I always enjoyed my food and the service. The Green Papaya is a great place to eat a Asian dish in Jax

• Visited June 2013