“Fresh Thai, too bad it's so far from my house!”
Review of Green Papaya

Green Papaya
Ranked #13 of 2,013 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Jacksonville, Florida
“Fresh Thai, too bad it's so far from my house!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

When I go to a Thai restaurant for the first time I will usually order their Spring (or fresh) Roll to test the "waters". I believe if a restaurant can prepare a simple dish well, they have my vote, and it is amazing to me how many Thai places can mess up a Spring Roll - from overcooked wrappers and noodles, to sticky sweet peanut sauce. The Green Papaya does their Spring Rolls VERY well - fresh, flavorful, balanced and the sauce was not too sweet. Now if they'd only open a second location a bit further south...

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Canflgirl

“A local gem in North Jacksonville!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Manager/head chef/server Kevin gives it his all each day and night to provide an outstanding dining experience in a hip atmosphere! My wife and family are regulars, and each time we come in, Kevin is likely to be there too, presiding proudly over what he has worked tirelessly to achieve - one of the finest spots in Northeast Florida. Each ingredient is fresh and carefully prepared to ensure their clients are completely satisfied. The curries are exceptional, but the menu is deep enough to cater to all tastes. This goes well beyond being simply a neighborhood favorite - give it a try, chances are it'll become yours, too!

• Visited April 2013
“Wonderful, fresh Thai food”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Just finished a wonderful meal! I had the duck in red curry sauce, my husband had the pad Thai. And both of my girls loved the chicken fried rice !! Food was fresh and delicious. The service was excellent! Loved this restaurant!!

• Visited April 2013
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Secret Spot!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This place is great! The atmosphere is modern and edgy. It is rarely crowded. The food is amazing and the service is good. We absolutely love the "Amazing Curry." The peanut flavor is great with the chicken or the shrimp. We have visited here about 10 times for dinner and have never been disappointed. This is our go-to secret spot.

• Visited February 2013
San Jose, California
“Finally found this "gem" in the mall”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Because our flight got us into JAX around 6pm we knew we needed to get dinner and because my husband is a type 2 Diabetic.
I have to say that the location of this restaurant was a challenge for us to find not being familiar with the area. However, after stopping into a store to ask directions, they did not know where it was in this huge market area.
Believe it or not, we happened to find a security car working the area driving around with his flashing lights and we stopped him for directions. He was so very kind and told us that we should follow him since it would be a bit confusing to tell us how to drive there in this huge area of retailers and restaurants. What a blessing because we had a great meal, very clean and tastefully decorated and the server was top notch in suggesting a popular dish to me.

• Visited February 2013