“Forget Olive Garden”
Review of Green Papaya

Green Papaya
Ranked #19 of 2,057 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 11, 2012

With time to kill before our flight from Jacksonville to Miami, we found a strip mall next to the airport. The signs listed Olive Garden and other unknown restaurant names at the initial entrance. Bypass this and drive to the end towards the theaters to find Green Papaya for some great Thai food. On the outside it looks like an average restaurant, but the inside is furnished with hip and trendy furnishings. It was also extremely clean.

Start with the Green Papaya sampler, which was great (made for 2) for $12 that included chicken satays, spring rolls, coconut shrimp, spring rolls and the best crab cream cheesy wonton that I've ever had. The favors of the curry was good and a large portion. The amazing green papaya noodles are Chinese style, so try something else.

Service was nothing to write home about.

Happy eats!

1  Thank ErinEatTravelLaugh

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We tried the Green Papaya after reading other reviews on tripadvisor. Because of its location in a shopping center, I was really unsure of what to expect. I needn't have worried - the food was marvelous. I had a dish that included shrimp, scallops, mussels, and calamari in a tamarind sauce. I'd never tried tamarind anything before, but honestly, each bite was better than the one before it! My husband loved his meal, as well. The decor was nice, and the service was good, if not exceptional. I'm looking for reasons to get back to Jacksonville so we can visit again.

1  Thank TruthisBeauty
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Great food, great decor. Perfectly close to the Airport.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us by a local. We had a 1 night stay in Jacksonville before an early morning flight and decided to try this place. It is in a shopping center near the airport. You wouldn't choose it from the exterior, there is nothing special about it. When you walk inside that all changes. The decor is very fresh and light. The food was beautifully presented and was very tasty. I ordered a basil eggplant dish, it was a little spicy, but the menu said it would be. My husband had the special fried rice and it was excellent also. The service was great and the food came very quickly. They kept our water glasses filled. It is nice to know there is a good place to eat near the airport that isn't a chain. There are lots of those in this shopping center.

3  Thank travlingal51
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Very tasty, slightly different twist on the Thai food we have had before. Loved the lettuce wraps! The shrimp rolls were good too.

1  Thank lga311