“Amazing!”
Review of Green Papaya

Green Papaya
Ranked #17 of 2,049 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 9, 2011

The best curry I have ever had! I am and will always be a loyal costumer! They keep me coming back MONTHLY! Delicious!

1  Thank Jennifer N
There are newer reviews for Green Papaya

Reviewed September 26, 2011

My family and I had lunch here on a Saturday. The menu centers around Thai and Vietnamese dishes. Lunch specials are available. The food is terrific, and the quality is great. The Pad Thai was one of the better versions of the dish I've ever had and "The Amazing" is really just a simple curry dish that tastes fabulous. The decor is modern and clean, and it was sad to see the restaurant was virtually empty when I was there because the food is so good. If you are flying to or from Jacksonville Intl Airport, this is a very convenient restaurant as it is about 10 mins from the terminal (same exit off I-95, other side of hwy in a large shopping and restaurant complex). So when we landed at the airport after a morning of travelling, really hungry but not wanting to wait the additional 45 mins to an hour to get to our location in more central Jacksonville, this place was a godsend! Prices very reasonable, too.

1  Thank Joshdent
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I suggested Green Papaya as a dinner option to my colleague and a client, who were game for a new restaurant. The restaurant is very chic and comfortable - cool art on the walls, funky chairs and a water feature up front. The dining room is very open, but I would imagine that it's still initimate, even with a lot of folks. I ordered Thom Ka Gai to start and Pad Thai with shrimp as my meal. The soup was an absolute highlight. It was flavorful and perfectly spiced (the server will ask your preferred level of spiciness and they got it just right). The Pad Thai was great, though just a tad sweet. Our server was attentive without being overbearing. Overall, we had a great experience and I recommend Green Papaya.

1  Thank RWE8002
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Green Payaya is a great somewhat upscale resturant in the "Deep Fried" South East. Everything is good but I generally order Sea Food. Their Sea Bass with Green Curry is Outstanding. Fun modern atmosphere and helpful staff round out great food.

1  Thank Lonestar970
Reviewed August 9, 2011

A friend of mine took me to the Green Papaya for my birthday. I got the black bean chicken, and my friend got the pineapple chicken. Since they are a Thai restaurant, they have several spicy items on their menu. The dish I got was on the tame side, however. If you want spicy, they can adjust the spice to your liking. I like the fact they offer natural brown rice as a side dish. I can tell a distinct difference in the texture of their rice, it is more nutty than what you would get at other restaurants that serve brown rice. It was very good. The vegetables were fresh and cooked to a nice crispness, not soggy.

The atmoshere is soothing. The music they play is not overpowering. It is subtle and soft, a type music you would like to hear when you want to meditate or take a long bubble bath. The lights are somewhat dim, but not so much that it is dark. The decor is very elegant. We went on a Sunday night, so there wasn't a big crowd there.

I was also impressed with our waitress. She was very humble and kind. She has a heart to serve others, and I'm glad we were able to meet her. If you go there, ask for Amy.

You would expect to pay top dollar for this type of meal, atmosphere, and service. The average menu item cost , I would say, is $12. You definitely get your money's worth. I will choose this restaurant again in the future.

1  Thank JuliasStory