“j. turner applebee's is a HIT”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #1,102 of 2,038 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Alexandria, Virginia
“j. turner applebee's is a HIT”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Applebee's on J. Turner Butler Blvd is a hit.
I normally don't do restaurant chains but three hungry kids in tow said...let's try Applebee's.
We walked in and were seated promptly. The place was still busy for 1pm. Our waiter, Victor, was very attentive and brought our drinks and took our order. Once we got our food which was pretty quick, he checked on us to make sure we had what we needed and that everything was okay. He even refilled the sodas and water without our asking, and was prompt and very friendly.
When I got the check, I left a nice tip and wrote "great service" on his check...and it truly was great service and great food for a restaurant chain.

• Visited July 2013

Valdosta, Georgia
“The hostess”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Visited this restaurant after a concert on Saturday and Sunday night. I am not a fan of Applebee's but this was the only place open. The food was average and the service was fine. However, the hostess on Saturday night(April 20th) was great. She appeared to really enjoy her job. I don't remember her name, but she made the visit worth while. As a matter of fact, the waiter who served us on Sunday night was really friendly and I observed other staff members smiling and talking with patrons. I would go back just for the service. Good job.

• Visited April 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not as bad as some previous reviewers stated”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We arrived in the evening for an unplanned night out for dinner. The host was very welcoming. There was no booth available at the time so we got a table. They were a little too close together for my liking. You really had to pay attention when getting up to keep from ramming into the person sitting behind you. Our waiter was nice enough but kind of slow. It was pretty busy in there so we understood. My brother order ribs and when they arrived they were about as black as the pavement outside in the parking lot. I was surprised they even made it out of the kitchen. The waiter took them back and came back with a much better looking slab of ribs. Everyone else had no issues with their food. The atmosphere was good. It seemed like anyone from any walk of life could come in and be comfortable. There were young and old people. Some were dressed up, most were dressed casually or very laid back. The music was family appropriate. There was not much variety in the 2 for $20 or 2 for $24 deals. Overall this wasn't a disappointing outing but I'm not rushing to go back either.

• Visited April 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Pretty rude guy!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

After leaving the Daytona 500 my husband and I drive north on I-95 to Jacksonville. We were kinda hungry so we decided to stop and grab some food at Applebee's. Well, perhaps we should have found another place to stop at, because the waiter name Joe was quite the rude fellow. We received our app after we were already eating our meals. Plus, while we were eating I wanted to order a drink, the waiter, Joe, came by with the check. I was like we just got our food and I wanted to order something else, he grabbed the ticket and told me that the drink I wanted was not on special!! So....when did I ask for the price or the drink specials...Joe???? This guy does not need to be in food service.

• Visited February 2013
Dolton, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Applebee's and Karaoke!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

WOO HOO! We sang ate and drank the night away!!! And we were merry. The waitstaff at Appplebee's were so helpful and friendly that we couldn't stay away!!! A true diamond in the rough and a very good find. I never thought I could have so much fun at APPLEBEE'S!!!!!!!!!

• Visited January 2013