“OK, but won't go back.”

Oar Steak & Seafood Grill
Ranked #7 of 133 Restaurants in Patchogue
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mulford
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Our friends took us here when we stopped to visit them while traveling. They were able to seat is right away, but did give us a little attitude and only offered one spot to sit in. Wasn't busy at all. They sat us next to where they were doing some deck work and drilling and cutting were going on. Not a very pleasant spot when you want to enjoy the seaside dining. Food was very expensive for a mediocre meal. I got the mahi mahi which was tasty but ended up in the bathroom an hour later. My friend also got the same thing and she too ended up in the bathroom an hour later. Nobody else had that issue. Could have been the cream cheese lobster. Not sure. But wasn't pretty. I was very surprised at the service too. Not very good. She maybe stopped by twice in an hour and a half. Again not busy. Very disappointed. The one thing that was great was the valet service. Guys were on top of it!

1  Thank Fire4Trails

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Food is horrble staff is rude and the bathroom situation is horrific. After the long wait to be served swordfish that just wan't tasy and salmon that cated your tongue and a waitress with an attitude -- if you are not a frequent flier there you certailnly feel it..

1  Thank Cheryl L
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our 2nd and 3rd time here on this trip to Long Island. We come back for the pleasant dockside atmosphere and we really got to know the barmaid, too, bad all the folks on L I are not this friendly. She was great. The beverages were old and the freshly caught tuna that we enjoyed was absolutely fantastic. We'll be back, if ever ack to L.I.

1  Thank TheBuckeye
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We dined at the Oar in June 2013 and both ordered fresh seafood. We were not big fans for the valet parking (traveling, everything in the car) but considering the layout and size of the parking lot it seemed to be a necessary evil. We ate on the patio and the service was relaxed and casual. Both of our fresh fish plates were right on for preparation and tasted wonderful. The portions were good and we enjoyed the view as we dined. The banana dessert was awesome!

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed a delicious lunch al fresco, while sitting along side the marina.

We arrived at noon, just before the lunch rush. We were seated immediately alongside the water.

I had a dozen clams on the half shell $15.00 and a lobster roll, which came with fries $14.00.
The clams were fresh and delish! The lobster roll was very good, just not the best I've had.

The atmosphere can't be beat, I would recommend giving this place a try!

1  Thank portlucayaprincess