“Good Bar, Not so good Restaurant”
Review of Public House 49

Public House 49
Reserve with OpenTable
Public House 49 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 133 Restaurants in Patchogue
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North Ocean
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Decided to eat here one night for dinner. We arrived around 7:30 and there was no wait. They sat us very quickly. Unfortunately, the service was not as fast. We waited several minutes before our waitress came to us. She took our drink order and we ordered two glasses of wine. Took ten minutes before the waitress came back and she came back without our wine. She took our order. They have a decent menu but we both got Burgers, something simple. We asked about our wine and she apologized and said she would bring it right away. Took another few minutes but we finally got our wine. I picked up my glass, and the glass was obviously very dirty. I had to ask for a new glass. The Waitress was nice and very understanding.

Finally, our food did come. The Burger looked good, but the Bun was ROCK SOLID. I had to take the burger off the bun and eat with a knife and fork.

We did not complain or ask for our money back. We just ate our food, paid our check and then vowed to never return for food anymore.

There are newer reviews for Public House 49

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Always a friendly staff. They have recently done some reno and it looks great. Bartenders will buy back drinks. Bar food is great. They have changed their dinner menu a while back, its not as good as it used to be. different style but still good tasteing food. They have live music during happy hour nothing too trendy.

1  Thank Funinthesun2013
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Public House 49 tonight and had an outstanding dining experience. We were fortunate to experience the first night of a brand new menu. My husband had an excellent homemade Bucatini Bolognese which was fresh and meaty and so flavorful. My duck breast was simply divine. It was far and away the most delicious and creative duck I've ever had. We finished the meal with a luscious chocolate dessert called a "ring ding". The service was top notch. Our waiter, Eric, was very friendly and attentive, and the entire staff was very pleasant. The atmosphere was very comfortable and meals reasonably priced. We will be frequenting this eatery on a regular basis and look forward to sampling other menu items.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I really like this place! Has a good selection of beer on top, and nice menu! A little loud on the evening so not the best place for a date unless you sit outside!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

One of our favorite lunch spots. Good food and bar. Nice selection on tap. Trish is great. I can also recommend eating dinner outside in the warm weather.

At night, it's very "lively" with a lot of bouncers, and the restaurant section is opened up to the bar crowd at a certain point.