“Incredible Food makes me a loyal customer”
Review of Uncle Wang's Restaurant - CLOSED

Uncle Wang's Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 14, 2007

Not only will you enjoy the food provided on the menu at this hidden away Asian gold mine, but you will be begging for more! Staff is gracious and accomidating, which makes up for the drab style inside the restaurant. Get it to go and your kids will be in 7th heaven!

Reviewed May 22, 2007

My husband and I have been going to Uncle Wang's since it opened, I'm guessing about ten years ago. They're a best-kept secret in Danville, with great food, including excellent sauces. Prices are very reasonable and we like the service and atmosphere. M.T., Alamo, CA

Reviewed November 27, 2006

I, my wife, my mother, and a friend ate at Uncle Wong's on 11/26, 5:45 PM. The place has a nice ambiance, with linen tableclothes and bamboo-paneled accents.

We ordered the House Special, giving us copious amounts of food. The eggrolls were piping hot and crunchy, but with little flavor. The hot and sour soup had far too much pepper, even for my wife, who's a fan of spicy foods. All the foods were cooked in too much oil and were unpleasantly greasy. The sauces were heavy with cornstarch and may have had some MSG. The Mongolian Beef was on the sweet side, and the sweet & sour prawns and seafood combination were unremarkable. The only interesting item was the house chicken, which was fried pieces and had an interesting spicy-sweet-savory taste.

After the meal, I felt the unpleasant coating in my mouth that is the telltale sign of cornstarch. I, my wife, and my mother all felt foggy, undoubtedly from all the cornstarch in the sauces, and possibly from MSG (the menus didn't say "no MSG"). I was careful too eat mainly the non-fried things and not to eat too much, so I know that wasn't the cause.

I hope Ha's re-opens soon.

2  Thank jake3_14