“Love the remodel but the food and service is disappointing”

Incontro Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Incontro Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 143 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Diablo Rd.
Danville, California
“Love the remodel but the food and service is disappointing”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

The restaurant recently moved into their new home at 455 Hartz Ave in downtown Danville. The remodel of old La Ultima into the new Incontro is a work of art! The bar is warm and inviting. The outdoor dining is going to the best spot in Danville come summer.

But the food and service is not another story. Three of us dined on Saturday 11/26 at 1:00pm. My daughter enjoyed the grilled vegetable sandwich and skinny fries even though waitress did not know what vegetables were on the sandwich when asked before we ordered. My wife loved the minestrone soup. But the gnocchi I ordered and my wife's soup were barely warm. Finally, the waitress while nice removed our empty wine glasses without asking if we would like a second glass. This was our first visit since their move late this summer and we wanted the crowds to die down and give Incontro a chance to work out the bugs. It appears they are still working out the bugs. It's not fair to judge them by one visit so we will try them again, hopefully things will improve.

• Visited November 2011

Diablo, California
“Incontro has moved!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

For those of you who adore Incontro Ristorante - be advised that they have moved from their San Ramon location to a fabulous and lively location in Danville, CA. My husband and I were walking around Danville this weekend and found Incontro - much to our delight. Wonders of all wonders, they kept the amazing, simply scrumptious gnochi on the menu and it was jumst as mind blowing as ever. The inside of the restaurant is beautiful and retains all of the charm of the SR location -loosing olny the unattractive exterior of the previous locale. Now there is outside eating and judging from the crowd outside - it looks like this is going to be a big hit for Incontro. What can you say about the food? Always great, always fresh and always interesting. The panna cota with cherries is outstanding and the specials are always a good bet. Love this place and am thrilled that it is now in my backyard.

• Visited October 2011
San Ramon, California
“The food here is superb”
Reviewed April 13, 2010

A small, cozy, beautiful space. Wonderful Italian dishes.

Danville, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incontro, most authentic Italian food in the bay area”
Reviewed November 1, 2009

I love this restaurant. It is a little bit of Italy right in San Ramon. The food is always fantastic. The most mouthwatering gnocchi anywhere -- and I mean including Italy. I have been to Italy many times, and this restaurant always makes me feel that I am stepping into a little restaurant in Tuscany. The owners, both from Italy, bring a charm to the atmosphere. The home made bread and pastas are outstanding. This is well worth a trip, and once you are there you will be coming back again.

1 Thank OlimpiaDanville
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“What a surprise! Tremendous food and service. I haven't have a bad dish yet.”
Reviewed July 25, 2008

What a surprise! Tremendous food and service. I haven't have a bad dish yet.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook