All reviews black bear diner walnut creek breakfast room waffles iron horse trail danville area san ramon valley free breakfast breakfast staff fresh fruit nice breakfast easy access gas station clean rooms refrigerator and microwave would stay here again visiting family
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Great location if you are visiting someone in Danville or San Ramon, and the price is much cheaper than locations in Walnut Creek. It's a motel setting with exterior doors that do make for an uneasy sleep although the area is very safe. Don't waste your time with the morning breakfast, Dennys next door is much better. Beds aren't very comfortable but rooms are clean and worth it for the night. Also Amici's Pizza across the street is amazing.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank VonChuff
Reviewed February 1, 2012

If you have business in San Ramon, this hotel provides convenient access at half the price of hotels in San Ramon. Free wifi, free parking, hot breakfast are all included. Adjacent to the hotel is a Denny's restaurant and other eating spots are within walking distance. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed in the King suite on the second floor at this hotel for 4 nights in January. The room was clean and well maintained. And in spite of being right off the freeway there was no traffic noise which afforded us a good nights sleep. The mattress was firm but the bed pillows were just a little too soft for my comfort. The housekeeping was efficient and kept our room refreshed. The breakfast was wholesome with your typical cereal, toast, boiled eggs, and a some hot breakfast items. There was also a waffle maker available. But the breakfast area got really crowded during the morning hours.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Right off the Freeway, the hotel was welcoming, clean and breakfast was hot and varied, with waffles,eggs and fresh fruit. The Staff was helpful and friendly. For safety, they installed a bar in the shower right as soon as we requested it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Normally, I stay in non-smoking, pet-free rooms, but during this 3-night stay, I was sharing a room with an old friend whose darling and well-mannered dog accompanies her most everywhere, so we stayed in a non-smoking room with two double beds at this pet-friendly hotel, based on her past experience staying here and it's proximity to the MA Center, which was the reason for our stay in the area. My friend knows me well and this was indeed a fine place to stay with the pooch. I got there early, before check-in and the room we had reserved had not been cleaned yet, so I was able to ask the housecleaning staff to please not spray any scents in the room when they cleaned -- glad I asked because they do use those artificial room fresheners which usually give me a slight to very bad headache depending on how perfumey they are (I forgot to tell them the next day and they did use it... wasn't as strong as some, so airing out the room for a bit did the trick). Despite being pet-friendly, the room was pretty clean though not immaculate. The towels and linens were very clean and they provided extras when we asked. The room was reasonably quiet and the neighborhood the hotel is located in is very pleasant and walkable. The front desk staff was helpful and my friend was very happy with the fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies that are always available in a basket at the front desk. I had their free breakfast two mornings of our stay and thought it was pretty good: there was a selection of cereals, fruit, waffles, scrambled eggs, mini omelettes, sausages, potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, pastries, coffee, tea, and juices. I had scrambled eggs, the mini omelettes, a few sausages and some potatoes and it was all quite good a fresh-tasting. The staff person in charge of cooking and stocking the food was particularly friendly and really seemed to enjoy making sure that the guests enjoyed their morning meal. All in all, a good value and a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to fragrances, ask housecleaning not to use them in your room
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends