All reviewsblack bear dinerwalnut creekbreakfast roomwafflesiron horse traildanville areafree breakfastsan ramon valleybreakfast stafffresh fruitnice breakfasteasy accessgas stationclean roomsrefrigerator and microwavewould stay here againvisiting family
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Normally, I stay in non-smoking, pet-free rooms, but during this 3-night stay, I was sharing a room with an old friend whose darling and well-mannered dog accompanies her most everywhere, so we stayed in a non-smoking room with two double beds at this pet-friendly hotel, based on her past experience staying here and it's proximity to the MA Center, which was the reason for our stay in the area. My friend knows me well and this was indeed a fine place to stay with the pooch. I got there early, before check-in and the room we had reserved had not been cleaned yet, so I was able to ask the housecleaning staff to please not spray any scents in the room when they cleaned -- glad I asked because they do use those artificial room fresheners which usually give me a slight to very bad headache depending on how perfumey they are (I forgot to tell them the next day and they did use it... wasn't as strong as some, so airing out the room for a bit did the trick). Despite being pet-friendly, the room was pretty clean though not immaculate. The towels and linens were very clean and they provided extras when we asked. The room was reasonably quiet and the neighborhood the hotel is located in is very pleasant and walkable. The front desk staff was helpful and my friend was very happy with the fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies that are always available in a basket at the front desk. I had their free breakfast two mornings of our stay and thought it was pretty good: there was a selection of cereals, fruit, waffles, scrambled eggs, mini omelettes, sausages, potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, pastries, coffee, tea, and juices. I had scrambled eggs, the mini omelettes, a few sausages and some potatoes and it was all quite good a fresh-tasting. The staff person in charge of cooking and stocking the food was particularly friendly and really seemed to enjoy making sure that the guests enjoyed their morning meal. All in all, a good value and a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to fragrances, ask housecleaning not to use them in your room
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank SpiritJourney
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Great place for last minute visitors and conferences. Convenient location and very clean and accommodating service.
I have been really happy with them for last few years and i am sure you wuill be too.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Fariba N
Reviewed September 30, 2011

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Martin, Misty and Gil came to our rescue and made the stay even more enjoyable with the fresh hot cookies in the late afternoon. The ladies in the Breakfast lounge were on top of everything making certain we lacked for nothing and kept things replaced with hot items and cold items respectively. We were on the second floor in the front, so we were quiet with little to disturb us on the short stay of a nights sleep. The place was packed with lots of people, and it appeared to be a full house, a surprise for a Wednesday night. We were not expecting so many people to be staying there.

Room Tip: Avoid the freeway side of 680 if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We spent two nights here while visiting relatives in San Ramon.

We really do not have any complaints. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I booked three nights through Expedia and only stayed one. Beware, if you book a non-smoking room from Expedia, the hotel will not guarantee and non-smoking room. The explanation I got was that expedia books blocks of rooms and you get what they have left. They offered us a choice of two rooms. Both smoking rooms, both terrible. It was late. We were stuck staying there for the first night. Our clothes, suitcases, hair...etc We smelled like we slept in a bar.

Beyond that, the room was dirty. our feet and socks were black from walking on the carpet. There was visible dust and dirt along the baseboards and in the corners, the light fixtures were dusty and dirty. Walls and door were stained. The curtains and bedspread were gross. We couldn't check out fast enough.

I had to jump through several hoopes to get a partial refund from Expedia. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family