“Food was gross”

Ranked #87 of 143 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: San Ramon Valley Blvd.
Description: Luna Loca Mexican Restaurant and Cantina is located in the Livery, Danville, California and has been in business for 24 years. Luna Loca serves the best Mexican food in the East Bay. We use the finest farm fresh vegetables obtainable along with the best meats, poultry, and seafood available, and our exquisite recipes and sauces are prepared daily. Luna Loca has three spacious and immaculate dining rooms so that you can dine in a family friendly and comfortable atmosphere. Luna Loca is open 7 days a week including evening hours for your dining convenience.
Danville, California
“Food was gross”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This place was good, but today I ate there and it was awful. Salsa tasted like peppered ketchup. Salsa used to be really good and chunky, not sure what happened. Beans and rice were super dry. So gross, I asked to see manager, he said sorry, and didn't make me pay for meal, I didn't even eat any of it

• Visited March 2014

Oregon City, Oregon
“Caters well to the business lunch diners”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Ate lunch there during the work week and was pleased with the food and service. I would not rave about the food by calling it cuisine caliber, but certainly would not criticize it either. The meals were well prepared, served quickly, and the sustained level of service was good.

I had the fish taco, and with the rice, beans, and chips & salsa the portion was than I could eat for lunch. Most likely I will return at sometime in the future and will look forward to trying one of their other entrees.

• Visited November 2013
USA
“Disappointing”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I've been here many time but this visit was quite disappointing. Service was incredibly slow, the food lacked flavor and I'm thinking all the large parties were to blame. The prices seemed exceptionally high for the value.

• Visited August 2013
tennessee
“Great patio and good food”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We went as a group of 5 co-workers on a week night for dinner. We requested patio seating which was a great, relaxing experience. Our waitress was very friendly, made good food recommendations and provided efficient service. We had a bean dip appetizer which was good, margaritas and beers prior to the meal. We each ordered various items from the menu which were all large portions and were very tasteful too.
Have another work trip planned in July and plan to make a return visit

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank twosassyk
Tracy, CA
“Generous portions”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We went here for lunch and split the seafood nachos and the combination appetizer plate. The nachos were full of crab! Quite generous, but there were only 2 prawns (which tasted great! Hard to share with 3 people.). The combo platter had a basic quesadilla that my son enjoyed. The taquitos tasted great especially with their fresh salsa and guacamole. Overall the food was very good. We would definitely go back.

• Visited July 2013