“Nice setting for brunch in the suburbs”
Review of Piatti Danville

Piatti Danville
Reserve with OpenTable
Piatti Danville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 148 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: San Ramon
Description: Ristorante Piatti features a menu with recipes complimenting the various regions of Italy. It has a casual yet sparkling atmosphere with authentic regional Italian cuisine. Piatti's success can be attributed to its staff and its approach to food, wine, and the dining experience.
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I met several friends from the East Bay at Piatti for brunch and it was good.The meal was well prepared and the wait staff was attentive. For being out in the suburbs, it was not bad. I wouldn't make a special trip to dine there, but I think it was a good choice for the geographic location.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Gluten free bolognese dish is good but I would ask for the corn pasta, cuz eating white rice pasta gives you about as much of a nutrition boost as eating a paper cup would. Dish with corn pasta listed with it on the menu is basically pasta tossed with olive oil and vegetables for like twenty bucks. The lentil soup is quite good here, as is the antipasti, although the antipasti is woefully overpriced for a few slices of prosciutto with some olives. Generally speaking----everything here costs about twice as much as it really ought to considering how much the ingredients cost, and the "fun" of gluten-free pasta dishes provided us gluten-free folks at an Italian restaurant really doesn't quite cover over that basic fact. They try, but....well.
Also, the most recent time I was there, the quite pretty waitress had absolutely no clue what she was doing re: doing the actual JOB she was paid for. That was not so great.
Generally speaking, it's a halfway decent place, sure, but....that's about as far as I would go. Decent on a good day.
Also, I found a bone once in my bolognese, so---watch out!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

My business colleagues and I were sitting all day in meetings...1 of them wanted outdoor and Italian. I wanted to see Danville again since I hadn't been there in 35 years! We checked on Trip Advisor and this was suggested. We were not disappointed. Lovely outdoor dining, with overhead heaters. Great wine list, steak, pasta and fish all wonderful Restuarant staff asked if we were pleased-which we were. Who could ask for more?

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Pretty good Italian - nice appetizers and fun atmosphere.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

What can I say about this restaurant. The owner to the staff to the food is superb and the attention to detail shows. The place gets packed for lunch or dinner but the food is excellent. They do a great job with large groups too and they have a great menu for everyone to enjoy