“Fabulous!”
Review of Basil Leaf

Basil Leaf
Reserve with OpenTable
Basil Leaf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 146 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Chose The Basif Leaf for convenience and it turned out to be a wonderful surprise. First and foremost the Sunday Brunch was fabulous.. Starting with Mimosas for the adults and juice for the children. A really wide range of goodies.... hot fresh pasta choices, 4 different salads, everything you could ever want for breakfast: potatoes, sausages, bacon, french toast, eggs benedict, and an omelet and waffle station...the fresh fruit was sweet and just cut, and delicious danish choices. The service was terrific and price for brunch was great. The Basil Leaf has it's own parking lot so no problems there. Atmosphere is kid-friendly but still relaxing even with lots of families on Sunday morning. We loved it and can't wait to return.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We visited on Valentines Day and expected a busy night and it was. This was not an issue with me as one should expect to wait a little longer on extremely busy nights. The food is pretty good and the menu has many tempting selections. My only issue was with the rib eye steak entree i chose for the evening. I asked our server on the thickness prior to ordering as i didn't want a 3/4 inch steak. He assured me that it was easily 1 1/4-1/2 inches thickness. Satisfied with the size I placed the order. Unfortunately when the steak arrived is was in fact a 3/4 inch cut. A true downer when you are expecting a nice marbled cut.... I ate the steak anyway as the first bite was very tasty and I didn't wish to wait for something else. Upon leaving the restaurant I pulled the server aside and politely mentioned that he should be truthful when asked and if he doesn't know he should find out.
Overall this restaurant has a lot of potential with the nice outdoor seating and location. It needs an upgrade to add bar seating. If this was accomplished it would liven up and improve patronage.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

It has a great location but food and inside atmosphere needs to new improved a lot -They have the potential that they are not using-

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were all together for a family emergency, and wanted to eat out. Our host chose this fine
restaurant. Every one was pleased, it was nice, quiet enough, plenty of attention to us and the lobster ravioli was out of this world.
Very nice place.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We've gone to the Basil Leaf six or eight times in the past two years. It's always good. This location is thirty minute drive from our home and past several fine food locations but it's worth the drive on occasion. Our most recent visit was exceptional. We were there for lunch but about 2 PM. We had a quiet well-paced feast. We shared a house salad that was inventive. My entree choice was linguini with clams. It was served with their own white wine sauce. I have lactose intolerance and our waiter was prepared to tell me what went into the white sauce. It was loaded with clams. My wife had salmon added to her pasta choice and it was a bargain!

Desert was lemon cheesecake with blackberry swizzle.

Parking is easy. The entrance from the parking lot is level-handicap friendly. The interior setting is attractive but the neighborhood is suburbia.