“Great outdoor setting and food!”
Review of Sideboard

Sideboard
Ranked #7 of 143 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pleasant Hill, California
“Great outdoor setting and food!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stopped in for lunch but they were still serving breakfast so tried the eggs benedict. They were excellent. Great outdoor setting. You order the food at the counter and they bring it to your table. Friendly staff. Also an excellent berry tea they make. Shared the bruschetta of heirloom tomatoes which was also fantastic.

• Visited May 2013

Danville, California
“Best local secret around”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I love Sideboard in Danville! The organic food quality is exceptional and the atmosphere is relaxed casual in the rustic charm of the historic Danville Hotel. I love the warped and slanted wood floor, the mismatched tables and chairs, the warm blankets they provide for those of us sitting outside, the great people-watching front patio, and the fact that they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also, just look around the next time you're there ... you'll see a very eclectic mix of people from all walks of life, from the Danville moms to urbanites to the retired empty nesters.

Of course, be aware that the place is VERY busy and it's difficult to get a seat. Additionally, if you're looking for a white table cloth full-service type of establishment, it's not for you. Once, my husband and I overheard someone say to their spouse (after peaking into the restaurant), "I don't want to eat here, I want to be seeerved!" Well, it's not that kind of place!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank TJWilliamsDanville
Alamo, California
“Reliably good and reliably unique”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Everyone has favorite foods when they go to Sideboard. The macaroni and cheese, the grilled Brussell sprouts, the hamburger sandwich: those are most often mentioned. Comfort food for all. I stop by often to pick up a ginger cookie. The best!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank margaretEll
Danville, CA
“Cool coffee spot”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The breakfast items I've sampled have been great, too. Nothing beats a bowl of steamy mocha on a chilly morning. A local favorite.

Visited December 2012
Cedar Park, Texas
“Attitude, Attitude and More Attitude”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Well, My Husband suggested that we try it, since we travel into Berkeley from San Ramon to eat every weekend. The problem being that there are very few, if any, organic, sustainable restaurants in this area. So, we parked the car and walked up to the deck, which is outside. The first thing that happened was a "attitude ridden teenager" informed me that I had to get in line if I wanted something to eat. It was said in such a fashion that indicated I should have known better. At first I couldn't believe it. I waited until she walked by again, and asked her how we would secure a table once we got our food. Her reply, "Well, if there's a table, then you'd get one, right?"
It was then I knew it was time to leave. Who, I mean, who in their right mind, would hang around here to be treated like something you scrap off your shoe. Unless, of course, you just had to say that you ate the infamous Sideboard in Danville. They should have their own reality show there.
Will not try this place ever again.

• Visited October 2012

Been to Sideboard? Share your experiences!