“Nice, upscale steak joint in danville”

Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville
Reserve with OpenTable
Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 142 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
San Ramon, California
“Nice, upscale steak joint in danville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

Had a very nice dinner with my wife here recently. I'd mentioned this was a wedding anniversary when making the reservation. Got a special welcome, plus a nice touch with our names printed on the 'custom' prixe-fixe menu handed to us.

We started off with a beet salad and french onion soup. Both very nicely done, and rightly sized for the meat courses later ;)

Main course was the petite filet mignon for my wife, blackened riby-eye for myself. Both were excellent and generous sized. My accompanying steak fries though were a bit disappointing - a tad too oily and too much garlic. The vegetable garnish - nice, but a bit too plain.

We were too stuffed for dessert, but they surprised us with a little anniversary plate of chocolate cake and and an amazingly tasty Coffee Crème Brulee.

The restaurant itself has a nice steak joint ambiance without being too stuffy. And we were quite happy with the service.
Pricy, but we felt it was worth it.

• Visited August 2014

“Great Variety”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I attended a retirement lunch at Forbes Mill and found the ambience to be top notch, plenty of vareity on the menu, and prices that were not too out of whack (lunch prices are significantly lower I guess). I ordered a tri-tip sandwich that came with garlic fries (and very garlicky). The meat was very tender and had sauteed peppers and cheese - it was delicious - but a little too much bread. My colleagues had the jambalaya, Caesar salad with salmon, crab cakes, and a turkey club. All looked delicious - though the Caesar salad looked to be drowned in dressing. They also provide delicious sourdough rolls with the meal. I would definitely go back again!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Tracy V
Pleasanton, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ask for Antonio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

The food is wonderful, but the waiter is even better. We always ask for Antonio. He takes great care of the whole family and makes you feel like you're at home. Pricy, but totally worth it. The filet oscar is to die for.

Visited February 2014
Danville, California
“Good, But Not Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

Which I would expect at the prices they charge. Similar to Vic Anderson's in Walnut Creek, it is not part of a 'chain', so the menu are a little more flexible. You will get a really good meal, but when you get the bill, you will think to yourself " yikes, well it wasn't THAT good.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Chris R
“Great dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Went for dinner to celebrate our daughter's 17th birthday. Wonderful experience. Our server, Colin, was exceptional. Food was great. Little touches, like a menu personalized with our daughter's name and happy birthday wishes, raised the bar. Rating of 4 is the best you can get from me unless the entire meal is life changing, so FM rates way up there!

• Visited July 2014