“great food and service first class”

Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville
Reserve with OpenTable
Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 143 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Danville, California
“great food and service first class”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

from the time you walk in, your treated as a VIP. Steaks are simply the best in area. Bar and wait staff very professional with no attitude. Two Managers on duty every day. No fooling around. First class.......

Visited April 2014

Danville, California
“Good Diner at Forbes Mill Steakhouse”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I had diner at Forbes Mill Steakhouse quite a few times already. Every time I found the staff to be attentive and the food to be quite good. They serve typical american style skeahouse fine which is just fine when you want to eat half a ton of juicy beef. We once had a little problem on one request (I think the kitchen had run out of what we ordered) and the waiter compensated by offering us a free crab cake. Wine selection is quite interesting and well priced.

• Visited February 2014
Danville, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently excellent”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Whenever I'm looking for a great dining experience, Forbes Mill consistently delivers. I particularly enjoy their set menu in which you get an appetizer, 3 small entrees and a dessert. Their steak is exceptional and my kids and I love the mac & cheese.

• Visited January 2014
Danville, CA
“Valentine"s Day Massacre”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Last night was the Valentines Day Massacre at Forbes Mill. They put so many tables in the dining room (about double normal), that getting to and from your table was like navigating a maze at a Halloween corn field. The service was decent, especially for Valentines Day. We started with the oysters on the half shell, and they were warm and one or two had a bitter taste (Oh Oh!). As we were finishing the oysters the salad was brought out. The salads were simply fair to good. Immediately upon setting down our forks, the entrees arrived. We both ordered Bone-in New York steaks. For $48 per entrée you should expect something special -- even on Valentine's Day. Both steaks were full of gristle and extremely tough. I told my wife that next time I needed shoe repair I was heading to Forbes, as those steaks would be a good substitute for shoe leather. They were so busy that we did have a good break from entrée to dessert. The cheesecake for dessert was pretty good, and they did give my wife a rose on the way out.

I have written very positive reviews about Forbes in the past, but last night did not measure up. Much better steaks at Fleming's or other steak houses at a lesser price. It was a good lesson -- don't go out to dinner on Valentine's Day, especially if your destination is Forbes Mill.

• Visited February 2014
AUSTIN
“Fine dining at it's best”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is fine dining at it's best, the food and service are excellent and the atmosphere is great. However, portions are a bit small for those with a big appetite and prices are a little steep but this is how many high end establishments work. If you want to impress a date or just have a meal that's a cut above the rest, this is the place to go.

• Visited January 2014