“Delicious, albeit expensive”

The Peasant And The Pear
Reserve with OpenTable
The Peasant And The Pear is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 147 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Diablo Road
Reviewed October 21, 2013

A great destination for special occasions, such as anniversaries and holidays. Summer time has great happy hour, with live music on the patio. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Rodney Worth can do no wrong! Every dish that walked across the floor looked incredible! The burgers piled high with shoestring onion rings...the tuna tartare salad...the grilled chicken sandwich...the smoky chicken salad with cherries on wheat berry bread...it all looked yummy!
I have now eaten in 4 of his restaurants (did he just open a 5th?) and they are all great!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Danville can be rather pricey for good food. Weren't for dinner and were pleasantly or Peasantly ;) surprised. Per head was around 50 bucks with cocktails and a starte, food was good and well presented, service was also very good.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were looking for a special place to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. We've always loved Danville so I started looking on Trip Advisor and YELP for a good recommendation. Boy were we ever pleased with our choice. From the very beginning it was great. I made our reservations through Open Table but I also called and asked if we could reserve an outdoor table? They were so nice on the phone and seemed excited that we chose their restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. We decided to order just appetizers and dessert, since we were driving to the coast from there. We went with the recommended spiced pear quesadilla. The appetizer to get is the pear and brie quesadilla. The taste of pear is slight but adds a delicate sweetness to the otherwise rich and stringy quesadilla. The spiced pear chutney is a great addition to the quesadilla (my husband's favorite). We also loved the house-made burrata cheese on sliced french bread with the cherry compote (my favorite). My husband also ordered the calamari which he said was one of the best he's had. Now for the good part....desserts !! The great server (Arias SP?) brought us a complimentary pear dessert since it was our anniversary...very sweet. All the desserts on the menu sounded so great that I decided it would be fun to order FOUR desserts....well it was a party ...for two !! Arias said her favorite was "Turtle Pie" Bread Pudding so we ordered that and Creme Brulee and Chocolate Decadence and the warm pear tart !!! So there we sat with our small table filled with plates our glorious desserts....I hardly knew where to start !! I savored each bite slowly......each was amazing as the next ....I was in Heaven for sure!!! In all honesty I have to say it was the best lunch...no, meal...that I've ever had. It had it all, friendly, kind staff, great atmosphere and very creative delicious food...what more could I ask for.....well I should add the perfect addition was my loving, sweet husband sitting right next to me...PERFECTION, PURE PERFECTION !!!

1  Thank Grammy S
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Four of us went to the Peasant & the Pear for a Sunday dinner. Overall the meal was quite nice. The pear quesadilla that started the meal could have used more pear, it was pretty much your basic cheese quesadilla. Two of us had the Organic baby greens, roasted pear, candied walnuts, Point Reyes Blue Cheese & balsamic vinaigrette (the Bishop Ranch salad.) These salads were tasty but the greens a little wilted. Between us we had a salmon, paella, flank steak (the special of the day) and lamb shank. The paella, and lamb shank received top ratings, the flank steak was tasty but not medium rare as requested and the there was nothing special about the salmon.

Service was good and the ambiance quite nice.

All in all the meal was pleasant with only a few points for improvement.