“DECADENT”

The Peasant And The Pear
Reserve with OpenTable
The Peasant And The Pear is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 142 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Diablo Road
Livermore, California
“DECADENT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were looking for a special place to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. We've always loved Danville so I started looking on Trip Advisor and YELP for a good recommendation. Boy were we ever pleased with our choice. From the very beginning it was great. I made our reservations through Open Table but I also called and asked if we could reserve an outdoor table? They were so nice on the phone and seemed excited that we chose their restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. We decided to order just appetizers and dessert, since we were driving to the coast from there. We went with the recommended spiced pear quesadilla. The appetizer to get is the pear and brie quesadilla. The taste of pear is slight but adds a delicate sweetness to the otherwise rich and stringy quesadilla. The spiced pear chutney is a great addition to the quesadilla (my husband's favorite). We also loved the house-made burrata cheese on sliced french bread with the cherry compote (my favorite). My husband also ordered the calamari which he said was one of the best he's had. Now for the good part....desserts !! The great server (Arias SP?) brought us a complimentary pear dessert since it was our anniversary...very sweet. All the desserts on the menu sounded so great that I decided it would be fun to order FOUR desserts....well it was a party ...for two !! Arias said her favorite was "Turtle Pie" Bread Pudding so we ordered that and Creme Brulee and Chocolate Decadence and the warm pear tart !!! So there we sat with our small table filled with plates our glorious desserts....I hardly knew where to start !! I savored each bite slowly......each was amazing as the next ....I was in Heaven for sure!!! In all honesty I have to say it was the best lunch...no, meal...that I've ever had. It had it all, friendly, kind staff, great atmosphere and very creative delicious food...what more could I ask for.....well I should add the perfect addition was my loving, sweet husband sitting right next to me...PERFECTION, PURE PERFECTION !!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Grammy S

Walnut Creek, California
“One of Danville's best dining options”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Four of us went to the Peasant & the Pear for a Sunday dinner. Overall the meal was quite nice. The pear quesadilla that started the meal could have used more pear, it was pretty much your basic cheese quesadilla. Two of us had the Organic baby greens, roasted pear, candied walnuts, Point Reyes Blue Cheese & balsamic vinaigrette (the Bishop Ranch salad.) These salads were tasty but the greens a little wilted. Between us we had a salmon, paella, flank steak (the special of the day) and lamb shank. The paella, and lamb shank received top ratings, the flank steak was tasty but not medium rare as requested and the there was nothing special about the salmon.

Service was good and the ambiance quite nice.

All in all the meal was pleasant with only a few points for improvement.

• Visited August 2013
“Very nice place great food tried the filet the lamb the pork chop yum yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Enjoy whatever you order everything tastes great we all enjoyed and sampled each other dishes. One of my favorite places! Also have to try the pear quesodilla! Had it each time I visit do not forget the desert not your standard fare for sure but they do have some standard.

SF Bay Area
“Great Place to Celebrate Anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Might have reviewed this before so this is an update. Great food, very good moderately priced wine, great service but not rushed. Complimentary dessert for our 49th anniversary. Though busy on a Thursday night, did not feel crowded and conversation was easy.

Wilsonville, Oregon
“Uneven..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Friendly service, waiter made a few suggestions, we appreciated some more than others. We had been looking forward to the mussel appetizer that we'd seen on the menu, but no luck, they didn't have mussels because they "weren't good", so we ended up with their signature pear quesadilla, which was served on a white plate, with absolutely no visual appeal. It turned out to be quite bland, with not much taste, although an attempt was made by adding some also bland pear chutney. We moved to the spring salad, which was really tasty and creative. I enjoyed a delicious lamb shank, very tender, with a good/creamy polenta. My husband had, unfortunately, the paella, very unremarkable, lacking mussels, just a bit of added shrimp. It needed some chicken thighs or scallops, along with some spices. The saffron rice was ok, but I certainly would not recommend the dish. We finished with an excellent dessert, the pear tart with vanilla ice cream...highly recommended. All in all a very nice restaurant, but caution on your entree choices.

• Visited May 2013

Been to The Peasant And The Pear? Share your experiences!