“Good food, service, and acoustical tiled ceiling to boot”

The Peasant And The Pear
Reserve with OpenTable
The Peasant And The Pear is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 146 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Diablo Road
Reviewed March 30, 2013

A fine place to dine if you are in Danville to visit friends or before you take in a play at the wonderful Village Theater. The food is very good. We had a fresh, mixed salad new to the menu with greens, artichoke hearts, asparagus, and peas with a citrus vinaigrette dressing. The mussel appetizer was shared as an entree along with the succulent Italian lamb shank, a diner favorite. Service was great, and the acoustical tiled ceiling in the main dining room allowed you to actually hear your dinner companion without shouting, even though the tables are spaced quite closely. The back patio is also a nice option, but it lacks ambiance and the table settings are stark.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Had dinner here on a Saturday night with my husband and adult son. We were seated at our reservation time (always a plus!). The bar area is a bit crowded - so going early and getting a drink depends on what time you are due to be seated. If you go at prime time, the bar will be almost impossible.

The food is fresh and really well done. I had the lamb shank served over polenta and my son had the same. He had never eaten lamb shank and was so impressed he can't wait to go back again. My husband had the filet and because he is so picky about how his beef is cooked, I worried - but it was all for naught - it was perfect!

I had their specialty pear martini and it was really yummy - not too sweet! The beer and wine selection is well done and you should be able to find just what you like.

A little head's up - the 'front' of the restaurant is really the back, so park in back! But GO!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I typically dine at restaurants close to home; however, I decided to step out of our rutt and make reservations for a belated Valentine's dinner at the Peasant and the Pear. The Friday evening dining crowd was hopping, and the diners chatting rather loudly, but it fit the atmosphere quite perfectly. Our salads were quite generous and the bread, which they continued to fill, was yummy. Our meals were cooked to perfection. The pork chop with pears that my husband ordered was delicious, especially the pears! My Ahi Tuna was fresh and presented beautifully. Our waitress had a good sense of humor which only added to our evening.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is a family favorite for us. The food is always delicious and the service is good. Very good value.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Really excellently done California Mediterrean food. I had the grilled eggplant panini. What made it special was the high quality of the bread and the good tomatoes - in the dead of winter. Service was attentive and gracious. My friend had the salmon sandwich and it was a really good size piece of salmon. She took half home and it was also on a delicious roll. My husband would have been satisfied with the portion of salmon.

The two women at the next table sharing fondue seemed to enjoy their dish, as well.

Highly recommended. Reasonable prices (at lunchtime, didn't look at the dinner menu)

It is slightly set back from the street so you might drive past the first time. There is a sign in front.

Park behind the restaurant in the City's free lot - 3 hours. The parking in front is 2 hours and if you park in back you will be have time stroll Hartz Ave afterwards.