“Wonderful staff, service and atmosphere!”

The Peasant And The Pear
Reserve with OpenTable
The Peasant And The Pear is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 147 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Diablo Road
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Ever had a Peartini? Neither had I and WOW. Terrific! Lovely, quiet and aesthetically place to eat...

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I love this place. We recently had a birthday party with 35 people and it was great. The food was excellent and the service was incredible. It was a surprise, so for those of us that arrived early, we were treated to pear quesadillas and fried calamari. Brunch/lunch was wonderful. I had the waldorf salad, but the consensus was that everything was great.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Went to lunch with several friends a couple of weeks ago. In general, I have always enjoyed eating here. Since I ordered a larger meal than I wanted to eat, I got ready to ask for a box. But, then I had to think about whether I really wanted to take it with me or not. I had the quiche, but it wasn't my favorite. The presentation was beautiful, but there wasn't enough of the custard-y "quiche" part to make me ever order it again. As with any group, service is sometimes a little more challenging. On the whole, they do a great job.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Went to The Peasant And The Pear for a friend's birthday brunch this past weekend. All I can say is "Wow". The service was excellent, and the food was amazing. I got the "Rodzilla Burger" which, from what I understand, is named after the owner of the restaurant. It was cooked perfectly. I normally avoid anything which is described as "artisan", but the "artisan" bun this burger was on was outstanding. My three friends had the smoked chicken sandwich, the poached eggs, and a chicken penne pasta dish, and they seemed as happy with their choices as I was with mine. It's not the least expensive restaurant in Danville (pretty sure there's a Subway for "cheap), but they're not the most expensive, either. They're strong on value, and that's what I want when I go out to eat.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Great selection of gourmet dishes. Friends really enjoyed the mussels. Salads were a great mix of fresh ingredients. Cassoulet was excellent. Fettuccine was perfect. Serving size was just right. Intimate atmosphere. Service was good. Recommend making a reservation.