“Great Patio and Large Food Selection”
Review of Chow

Chow
Ranked #12 of 143 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Chow, we only use organic produce. We are proud to use products from local vendors and to use those products to make everything in house. Our Danville location has a bakery kitchen that makes all the fresh produce and then sends it to each of our locations. If you love our jams, salad dressings or anything else, please note that our Lafayette location has a Farmers’ Market with these products. You can now add Chow’s Cooking to your Home Cooking! Enjoy!
Santa Rosa, California
“Great Patio and Large Food Selection”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We went to Chow's because they have a patio that is dog friendly, and we were travelling from out of the area with our Black Lab. The patio was perfect and already well stocked with dog water bowls. The menu is quite extensive and we had a good dinner. It would have received five stars except that the staff was a bit disorganized. They were quite nice but different servers kept appearing at our table except, of course, when we needed something. Overall perfectly pleasant experience nonetheless.

• Visited May 2014
Chow R, Manager at Chow, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review, and for the feedback! I'm sorry service seemed disorganized-- we like to make sure that our guests are well taken care of, so many people might come to your table... but this doesn't mean good service if we're not there when you need us! I appreciate the feedback and will review this with my team.

Best regards,

Michael D., General Manager

Danville, California
“A real Bistro in Danville!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Chow is the "melting pot" for Calif. Casual, bistro-style dining in Danville - especially AFTER 9pm when everyplace else closes.
Always "hip", fresh menu items, seldom the same-twice where you can also bring your pet & sit outside and be served the great Chow food options. Very "happening" bar with an upscale, family-friendly/pet crowd.

Visited March 2014
“A Danville favorite”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We eat at Chow often - my sons crave the lamb burgers, and I crave the fish tacos! It can be noisy when crowded, but the fireplace inside and the fire pit on the patio always make it feel cozy.
I especially love that I can buy a single Egg(s) Benedict, a half slice of dessert pie and a half glass of wine (great if I'm driving).

• Visited February 2014
Chow R, General Manager at Chow, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Your loyalty means the world to us, Jan, as does this excellent review. I'm so happy to hear that you and your sons crave our burgers and tacos, and I hope you'll have a strong craving again soon -- we'd love to welcome you! Once again, my sincere thanks for your continued support, and I hope we can add on that final star during your next visit -- don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything in particular I can do to make that happen!

Best,
Michael Diehl, General Manager
“Always a great experience with excellent food.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We go to Chow many times a month, and it never fails to give us excellent food, great service and a nice atmosphere. A staple
In our dining experience!

• Visited March 2014
Chow R, General Manager at Chow, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
I can't thank you enough for this glowing review, and for keeping us at the top of your list! We'll continue working hard to deliver delicious dining experiences, and I hope your next visit is soon.

All the best,
“large portions”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you like large portions and average taste, no atmosphere then this is for you. Restaurant seemed dirty----the floor certainly was. It was not my choice but went along with the group. I will not be going back

• Visited January 2014
Chow R, General Manager at Chow, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
All feedback we receive is valuable so thankyou for telling us about your experience! We pride ourselves on the extremely high quality of our ingredients, our stringent standards for cleanliness, and the cozy atmosphere we offer our guests; it's obvious that we didn't live up to these standards on the day you came in. I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your visit and I hope you'll consider giving us another shot; I'm positive we can show you our true colors.

Best,