“Local, rather basic, but very good”
Review of Chow

Chow
Ranked #12 of 143 Restaurants in Danville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Chow, we only use organic produce. We are proud to use products from local vendors and to use those products to make everything in house. Our Danville location has a bakery kitchen that makes all the fresh produce and then sends it to each of our locations. If you love our jams, salad dressings or anything else, please note that our Lafayette location has a Farmers’ Market with these products. You can now add Chow’s Cooking to your Home Cooking! Enjoy!
Georgia
“Local, rather basic, but very good”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

If you're looking for a local place when you travel that won't break the bank this is a very good choice if you're in the area. I've eaten here 4 or 5 times now and had a good meal each time. Granted the menu isn't very extensive, but its fresh and changes with the seasons. The wine and beer lists aren't very large, however what they do have is of average to above selections in quality, so it's sufficient. While there are cheaper options on the menu the general dinner plate prices run around 20-25 give or take a little. Last time I was there I had the pot roast (told you it was a local place) and it was very good and very tender. I've also had the fish in the past that was good too. Portions are a little over average so you shouldn't leave hungry.

A rather minor negative is that if you eat inside the noise level is very high. If that bothers you ask for a table outside (assuming the weather is nice). It has that local almost college level feel you can get, but it's better than average.

Would I eat here again? Most definitely. There are more expensive options in the area, where the dishes would be fancier, however if you want just good basic well prepared food, its well worth the stop.

• Visited August 2013
Chow R, General Manager at Chow, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thanks for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed dining with us, we love hearing from our out-of-town guests. I'm sorry the noise level was bothersome—we do tend to get a little noisy when we're busy! I personally prefer the outdoor seating, so it's great that you got to enjoy that. I'm glad to hear you'll be back when you're in town, and will look forward to serving up more of that local fare!

West Linn, Oregon
“Better than I expected...”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Family style restaurant recommended by my cousin.... Inside was a vast cavern of noise (although air conditioned). We ate outside & , despite the eat at dinner time, were pleasantly surprised. My fish tacos were very tasty. My husband's pasta vongole w/other seafoods was very good. My aunt loved her oriental chicken salad, etc. very nice....

• Visited July 2013
Chow R, General Manager at Chow, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I'm so pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed the dishes you ordered. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's always wonderful to hear from a guest—especially a pleasantly surprised guest! We appreciate your feedback about the indoor noise, and hope that won't keep you from joining us for a meal the next time you're in town.

Danville, California
“Love it”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We love going here and the fresh orange juice is great ! Have been here for breakfast /lunch and dinner and never been disappointed -Good service-

Visited June 2013
Chow R, General Manager at Chow, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thanks for your kind words here on TripAdvisor. I'm so happy to hear that you've enjoyed dining with us for all this time. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

All the best,

Walnut Creek, California
“Pie”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Homey food all around, but don't miss the apple pie warm a la mode. And one of the best burgers in the East Bay.

Visited June 2013
Chow R, General Manager at Chow, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thanks for your very nice review, Shirlee! I'm glad to hear you're a fan of our burgers and apple pie, and know your fellow Trip Adviser users appreciate your recommendations. Looking forward to your return visit.

San Francisco, California
“Nice place to hangout with friends”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Went for breakfast. Choices are varied, pancakes with eggs are lovely. Cosy atmosphere with friendly service. Coffee is nice too. The morning on weekday is not too crowded so you don't feel rushed to eat and go.

• Visited April 2013
Chow R, Owner at Chow, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thanks for stopping in for breakfast, we're glad to hear you liked the eggs and pancakes, along with our atmosphere and friendly service! We'll look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the mood for a relaxed meal.