“Best Diner in the Hudson Valley!!!!!”
Review of Eveready Diner

Eveready Diner
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Hyde Park
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I eat here regularly and is my favorite Diner. The food always fresh. Especially the Tuscan chicken which is chicken cutlets smothered in mushroom gravy and sun dried tomatoes with bed of spinach and mashed potatoes. The loaves of bread are fresh and delicious. Very popular with locals as well as Marist students. Long lines at peak times but worth the wait. Featured on food network a couple of times, Guy Fiore!
Has become a Hudson Valley landmark.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We were pleased we listened to a recommendation and came here to eat. The building looks like a 1950's diner, bright and shiny and busy, but the food is a step above the expected greasy spoon. There are diner favorites on the menu; hamburgers, malts, pages of breakfast choices. Our dinner choices were salads, though, because of the mouth-watering descriptions. I had the Hudson; a generous marinated chicken breast, apples, cranberries, toasted pecans, greens, and honey-mustard dressing. The salad came with irresistible slices of bread. We returned for lunch. I had the souvlaki pita; wish I could make a yogurt dressing like this.... Service was excellent, price was reasonable. It is a diner, though, a little noisy, and the A/C was blowing on my sister's shoulder. The desserts in the case looked wonderful, but we had no room. We took some of my sister's salad home.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We were directed here by a local tip, and what a great find it was. The parking was good, and the exterior looked nice, but we were really blown away by the interior. Done in a classic 1950’s style dinner, the inside was bright and airy, with lots of interesting things displayed to look at. My Dad was captivated by the bust of Marilyn Monroe which was on the wall next near us.

The service was friendly, and we were greeted with a smile. We’d come in for lunch, and were able to be seated quickly. Looking at the menu, there was extensive options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and everything at a reasonable price.

Our order came out to us briskly, and the portions were large. I had a buffalo chicken wrap and a side of macaroni salad, both of which were very good. My parents enjoyed what they’d gotten. The food was delicious and filling. This was a great find for us just passing through, but I’m sure from the quality here this place is frequented by the locals.

There is another location of Eveready up near Rhinebeck. We did notice it, and were sadden to see that it had recently suffered extensive fire damage. We certainly hope the Rhinebeck location can soon be restored. Until then, make the drive down to the Hyde Park locale.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We went here twice for breakfast because the blueberry pancakes were the best we have ever had. Service was excellent and friendly. Price of breakfast was very reasonable. They also serve lunch and dinner and have a bar.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I love the ambience of an old fashioned diner, and the Eveready has it. We selected the corned beef reuben and the chef's salad with their "famous" house dressing, a tomato-basil vinaigrette. Both were delicious. Service was quite attentive and efficient.

Been to Eveready Diner? Share your experiences!