“Fun place to eat”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had lunch here after a wonderful visit to the FDR mansion. The parking lot was full and there was a lineup at the door but much to our surprise we were seated within five minutes. The room was packed with happy diners which gave it a great vibe. The menu was extensive and the service was fast and friendly. The food was delicious with very fresh ingredients. This is a fun place to eat and we would definitely return.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My party and I stopped at this diner and found the food, service, and prices exceeded our expectations. The waiter was very helpful, the food tasty and satisfying at a reasonable cost.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

large, airy, diner with retro booths and dessert case. Friendly service and extensive menu. This is a great place to eat lunch in between visits to FDR's house, Val-Kill, and the Vanderbilt mansions.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stopped here after going to the other attractions in Hyde Park. The atmosphere takes you back to another era. We had sandwiches which were good but typical diner food. The staff was attentive. I really thing it is the atmosphere that would bring me back.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

A fun visit to a classic diner! It's a famous place: it was featured on Food Network's "Drive-ins, Diners and Dives". I'd say it's fame was well earned. Beautiful on the outside and beautiful on the inside, bright and shiny stainless steel. And the food was good.

We went for dinner early on a Tuesday evening in mid-June, before tourist season really got underway, and the diner was fairly busy. My wife ordered shrimp and scallops over linguini and thoroughly enjoyed it. The serving was large and she couldn't finish it, but she picked out all the seafood. I ordered a daily special called Mama's Roast. It was what mamas made on Sunday many years ago: brisket braised until tender with celery and onions and whole peppercorns in a red wine sauce. It was served with a mound of mashed potatoes and a large serving of nicely cooked green and yellow squash. Mmmmm! It was enough for two and I pigged out and ate more than half. I requested more sauce for the potatoes, and I received a small cereal bowl full. If we weren't on the road I would have surely taken a doggie bag. The meal started with a small, run-of-the-mill, but fresh, garden salad.

Unlike diners where I come from, Eveready has a full bar menu. The wine list was limited, but not bad and fairly priced. I had an Australian Shiraz (Rosemont).

The service was accommodating and friendly. Our waiter took a a few minutes here and there to answer our questions about the place.

The menu is huge. If you can imagine it, they probably have it. It looks to be a great place for breakfast. And the prices are fair.

There's plenty of off-street parking.

Unless you are a dinerphobe, if you are in the area, you really should try the Eveready; it's not just a diner, it's an attraction.