“Fun place to eat near Roosevelt Hyde Park National Park”
Review of Eveready Diner

Eveready Diner
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Hyde Park
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Chappaqua, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun place to eat near Roosevelt Hyde Park National Park”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Went to the Everyready Diner for lunch while visiting the Roosevelt Hyde Park national park. Their eating facilities were closed for the season. The place was crowded, but we were seated immediately. Good service and good diner comfort food. Probably the same as other diners, but the ambiance was great. That's the reason for the "very good". Hit the spot.

West Babylon, New York
“A Must-See and Eat!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Never have been disappointed by the Eveready Diner. Guy Fieri went there and was spot-on! Anything you get will definitely satisfy your appetite! My son swears by their breakfast menu morning, noon and night. I especially love their shakes!

1 Thank Tchrmom06
NYC
“Great burgers and sandwiches.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stop here whenever we are in the area; sometimes go out of our way to do so. Extensive menu with all the classics. Even Brooklyn Egg cream sodas. Service is good and place is clean.

• Visited April 2013
“Something for everyone...super friendly service!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

After visiting several historic sites in the Hyde Park area, we had worked up a pretty good appetite. I suggested the diner based on its curb appeal and due to the fact that most diners are reasonably priced and have diverse menus. Evereadys fit all the criteria of a classic diner. The menu had at least a hundred different things so it was hard to decide what I wanted. I ended up choosing a ham and swiss panini. I selected it partly due to the description which made it sound like a signature item. As it turned out...it was rather bland. It really needed oil and vinegar or some sort of dressing to liven it up. It was huge though and was overstuffed as promised in the description. It came with fries which were crispy on the outside and soft on the inside...just the way I like them. The platter also included cole slaw and a huge crunchy dill pickle. I brought half the sandwich home on the premise that I could make use of the ham and cheese in an omelet. There was plenty! My husband had chicken quesadillas which he said were very good.The plate had 6 wedges which had grilled cchicken and monterey jack cheese in them. In t. Center of the plate there was a large portion of diced totomatoes and onions, guacamole and sour cream. We both had diet cokes which came with free refills. Our server was very sweet attentive and kept our drinks full. We barely had to wait ten minutes...maybe less for our food to be served after we ordered it. I saw a fridge with glass doors full of enticing desserts including homemade lemon meringue pie. Another case was full of homemade cookies, cakes, muffins, donuts and other pastries. I would love to go back and try their breakfast...they had all sorts of interesting types of omelets, pancakes and waffles. I cant tell you all the choices in this one review. Our bill came to $25..not too bad considering the portion size. I recommend this diner wholeheartedly!
By the way...the interior decor is as appealing as the exterior...fun retro look!

• Visited May 2013
whippany, nj
“Excellent milkshakes!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had a delicious lunch with hamburgers, pastrami and chicken panini's. When we asked the waitress what was featured on the FoodNetwork, she told us "milkshakes" so we all saved room and had them "to go", most milkshakes didn't make it out the door, they were SOOOOOO good!

Visited April 2013