“Homestyle Cooking”

Eveready Diner
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Hyde Park
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hamburg, New York
“Homestyle Cooking”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Food was very good and reasonably priced. Extensive menu with many choices...kid friendly. Great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

• Visited August 2012

Columbia, MD
“Guy Fiori is right, this is a great diner experience!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We saw the Eveready Dinner on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives and read the reviews here, so decided on it one night for dinner on our recent Hyde Park trip. Wow what a great, fun place...bright, shiny, just a 50's diner on steroids. Menu is enormous, and the portions large so come hungry. I had a reuben and it was delicious, perfectly grilled, and not soggy a bit which is the pitfall of most reubens. Fries were delicious, so was the cole slaw. My daughter had a French Dip and pronounced it great. My husband made the mistake of ordering a waffle, and while it was good he had sad eyes when he saw what he missed on our plates! Hot fudge sundae for dessert was just ok but you can't win them all. Waiter must have been new as he was a bit forgetful but we didn't mind as there is so much to watch in this fascinating place!

• Visited September 2012
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Blundered off the freeway and stumbled into this restarant”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We like to go to independent restaurants this one is very good. I have never seen a diner with such a large menu. Every thing we had was particularly good and a pleasant interlude from the road. One thing was particularly interesting was the egg cream which neither one of us had experienced before. You won't see this just anywhere! Service was excellent and friendly. Food was very good and the ambiance and also very good. We will be stopping at this fine diner the next time we go by. We like to eat late in the night. For what we had it was very reasonable.

• Visited July 2012
Rockford
“Good for the Eye, Too Much for the Stomach”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I read about this place on-line and wanted to try it. My husband and I were impressed by the outside which is flashy to say the least. The inside is even more exciting! It was a pure delight just to sit and look at it all! I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be the 1950's or Art Deco - seemed to be a combo. You'd think maybe 1950's, but then there's all the FDR stuff and he wasn't alive in the 1950's.

I ordered the pot roast dinner. It was so huge I couldn't eat all of it and that's saying something as I have a big appetite. As we were on vacation I couldn't take it with us, so had to leave at least half of it at the restaurant. The beef was absolutely excellent but the rest of the stuff (mashed potatoes, green beans, etc.) was just barely okay. If I'd known how big the portions were, we could have shared a meal maybe or I would have gotten a sandwich instead of facing about 4 large mashed potatoes piled high that weren't that good.

• Visited August 2012
NewYork
“Good and plenty”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is a 50's style diner with great food at reasonable prices. Had a reuben and a chocolate egg cream- yum!

Visited June 2012

Been to Eveready Diner? Share your experiences!