“Nice old school appeal.”
Review of Golden Manor Motel

Golden Manor Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hyde Park
Golden Manor Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hyde Park
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I came here because the room was the cheapest around. The room is very old school, but clean and nice. The wifi connection to my room was weak, but I was right next to the office, so I connected to the lobby wifi, which was strong. My windows did not lock very well, but I did manage to lock them. I was the only person at the hotel (9/8/13), so it was quiet. The traffic running along route 9 did not bother me either. If you want a room with old school appeal and not looking for fancy amenities, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank TerryHunt385

Reviewed August 28, 2013

A very basic motel but if you are like me and don't worry about a fancy room when you go away this place is just fine. It was clean, a good value and the family staff that ran the motel could not have been friendlier, Towels could have been better quality and the hangers that don't come off were a little annoying but those are my only complaints On the plus side I was able to check in just after 12:00 Noon. They have a continental breakfast which is fine if you are good with starting your day with a Muffin and Coffee. .If you need to eat a real breakfast like me, skip this and go either to the nearby CIA or the Hyde Park Diner for a real breakfast.

Nice location too. Right across the street is the FDR Home and Museum, just north of the Motel is the Hyde Park Drive In and just south of the motel is the Hyde Park Brewery.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 40, it is a small apartment. Living Room has couch, chairs and coffee table. Also full...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lewis L
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We chose this place because it was right across the road from the FDR home, museum and library. The price was the least of any place we checked and we found there were reasons for that. This is a motel from the 1950's. I'm fairly sure it has never been updated. The lights in the room are all flourescent on pull strings, There were holes in the sheets. The bathroom is small, Everything worked but the towels were tiny, the toilet ran all the time and it was difficult to turn on the faucets. The tv's are old style but it was cable with 2 showtime channels. When I checked in I was given a key and the tv remote, I found that interesting. There is a big pool which I didn't try. In the morning, there is coffee, muffins and doughnuts which was a nice touch and the owners are very pleasant if somewhat hard to understand. I wouldn't call the place unacceptable but there is nothing high tech anywhere (even the room phone was a 1980's touchtone) but again, I could walk to the Roosevelt facilities and that's why I came.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in the rooms out back, we were there and no one else was, it was a little...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BKRMichigan
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here during a visit to the FDR Home and Library, which is right across the street. This place is definitely dated and not fancy, but our room was large and clean, and everything in the bathroom worked well. It was so quiet, and we enjoyed a good night's sleep after a busy day. The owner kindly stored my daughter's doggie bag from dinner. Breakfast is pretty basic, with juice, coffee and donuts, but that's what we expected. The pool looked nice, but it was too cold to use it. I would recommend the Golden Manor for people looking for a "budget" motel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Carolyn41353
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in July, 2013. Called to make reservation(this place is not automated at all) and was quoted $55.00 per night for two people. When we arrived we were told the rate was $65 for Thursday and $75 for Friday because of high demand. The desk clerk insisted that is what she quoted me. Room was as pictured. Pillows(2 for 2 people) were worthless. Bath towels were small and thin. Wifi worked but our room was right next to the office. Someone entered our room while we were out for a few hours and turned of the window a/c but did not make up the room at the same time. Felt this was an invasion of privacy. Breakfast is donuts and bad coffee and oj in the depressing lobby. Location is good. Room was large. Swimming pool was "not ready. "If this is important to you ask when reserving if it is open.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank twji
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in June. The property is old school motel, but not bad. Room was large and since there apparently were no other guest on our side, very quiet. The owners were friendly enough and quite helpful. In the morning they provided Entenmanns pastries and coffee and juice, but we preferred the Apple Pie Bakery at C.I.A. which is located about half a minute down the road. FDR home is literally across the street. Bed was ok although they try to fit queen size bedding on a king size matress...no big deal...the room is clean. The shower water pressure is more than adequate...better than I have at home actually. Bring shampoo and soap, the ones they supply are not so hot...not bad but you can bring better. If you really want to have a bygone experience, there is a really cheesey drive-in theatre right next door! All in all the room was worth the price and the experience was pretty good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gerald R
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed with my wife at this motel for one night during Marist's graduation and found it very adequate. The bed was firm and comfortable. The furniture is dated but the room was very spacious and the tv had a good variety of channels including Showtime and other pay channels. There was coffee, juice and donuts in the lobby in the morning. The cost was around $85.00 including all taxes and fees so it is very economical. The room was also very clean. The outside air temperature was in the high forties at night and the heat worked well. There is a water saver shower head but the water pressure was so good the shower was very refreshing. The owners should look into some new chairs since they are old but overall the experience was an enjoyable one.

Room Tip: Bring an extra pillow since they are scarce.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality Inn Hyde Park
Quality Inn Hyde Park
#2 of 4 in Hyde Park
Journey Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Golden Manor Motel? Share your experiences!