“Hearty fare for a cold day” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating
Hyde Park, New York
“Hearty fare for a cold day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

A friend and I stopped in last week to grab lunch before we went to a training session for work. It was one of those winter days that fools you with bright sun but bitter temperatures. At Cranberry's we had a sunny table in a warm room and a delicious hot lunch. Both of us had the quiche of the day - I've had this on several visits over the years and it's always wonderful - flaky pastry shell and fluffy egg filling. The cold day made me add an order of soup to my meal; a "cup" serving was a generous portion of potato-bacon, a hearty puree with a mild smoky flavor. I added a bottle of soda to my order; Cranberry's has the most interesting old flavors (I forget what brand) of glass-bottled sodas in the case - I had a very tasty birch beer.

I love the decor at Cranberry's with its mix of Victorian and Edwardian styles and local history. It's comfortable, the food is great, the staff is friendly. Whether you want a quick light meal or a casual snack, I highly recommend it.

• Visited January 2013

Amory, Mississippi
“Very Tired after Touring Sights in Hyde Park and Stopped Here for Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

It was a cool, rainy day in Hyde Park. Had Viewed Vanderbilt Mansion and had FDR Home to tour after lunch! This was so convenient! I had quiche and my husband had soup! If I lived in Hyde Park, I would have to eat lunch here at least once a week! Highly recommend!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank chgreen
Rhinebeck, New York
“I really enjoy Cranberry's and have visited numerous times.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I first met the owner of Cranberry's last year at a farmers market in Hyde Park where I tried one of his pastries, and it had been very, very good, which is when I found Cranberry's was a local establishment and made a mental note to try them..... well, life got a bit in the way and it took me nearly 8 months to finally be able to go, and now I am hooked!

I love this place! Very warm, friendly atmosphere, filled with art work from not only local artists, but from the local schools which I find such a supportive and wonderful gesture.

The food is delicious, and always consistent, as is the service. The place itself reminds me of when I have been in New Orleans, with it's artsy flair, local works and books, and as I said, the food is very very good. I highly recommend!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank j g
Hyde Park, New York
“Great place for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

This place is walking distance from my house and when I am home during the week I love going there for lunch. All the food is prepared fresh and to order. It always tastes great and I love it

Visited April 2012
1 Thank James C
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
“It's not just cranberries!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

The food in this establishment is very, very good. There is a great variety and the desserts are just delicious. The atmosphere is cozy. There are magazines to read if you are alone and lots of tables from which to choose.

Visited May 2011