“Lovely and inspiring” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Costello's Guest House

Costello's Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hyde Park
Costello's Guest House
You added Costello's Guest House to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 6 Hyde Park B&B and Inns
Arlington, Virginia, United States
“Lovely and inspiring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Costello's Guest House is a lovely place to stay in Hyde Park. The beds are comfortable and the rooms were just what we needed. The icing is the wonderful host Patsy. We are a family of four so the two bedroom layout exactly met our needs. Patsy knows just about everything there is to know about Hyde Park, the region and the Roosevelt and Vanderbilt estates. She is the president of the local historical society. We would definitely stay there again on a future trip. I can recommend Costello's without any reservation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Melissa L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Litchfield Park, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I recently stayed at the Costello's Guest House while on a semi business trip. It's a wonderful old home. Very clean, quiet and just a short walk from the Hudson river. The walks in the morning were pleasant and a nice way to relax. The home is located in a very safe family neighborhood so feel free to explore a bit. The home owner, Patsy is as sweet as can be. She was very hospitable and also helpful providing information on the Hudson Valley area. She is a life long resident. Staying in someone's home is a different experience. This was new to me but I'm glad I did. By the way, the home is set up in such a way that you have complete privacy upstairs. After a while it felt like I was at home. Pretty good when you are traveling. One note: There is a television downstairs but not in the rooms. The cost is very reasonable. Next time try something different. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The house has two rooms. The Canopy room was 75.00 per night, This room is quite large which I recom...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank RPAUL22
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

I stayed at Costello's Guest House last summer while I was in Hyde Park. I was there for a little history trip (FDR library, Vanderbilt Estate, etc).
Costello's only has two rooms. I stayed in the smaller room, the nautical room. The bed was comfortable and the room had an individual air conditioner that worked great. Please note there is no television in the room.
The two rooms have a shared bathroom, but I was the only one there for the two nights so I didn't have to share with anyone.
I chose to stay here b/c it was in my budget and b/c I thought it would be a different experience. I had never stayed at a guest house before. The owner was very nice and helpful. She let me use her microwave to heat up leftovers one night and we sat on the porch discussing Eleanor Roosevelt. She knew Eleanor Roosevelt!
Overall, it was a very pleasant experience and I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — historic home built in 19th century
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
Days Inn Poughkeepsie
#7 of 13 in Poughkeepsie
3.5 of 5 stars 492 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie

Been to Costello's Guest House? Share your experiences!