“The perfect B&B for privacy and relaxation!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hyde Park
Le Petit Chateau Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hyde Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Lovely, charming B&B. secluded and comfortable. Greatly located right across the street from the CIA! Perfect ! And very close to the town of rhinebeck & many historic landmarks. The breakfast was cooked & served by a former CIA student & chef. Delicious! If you want a sweet romantic getaway, this is it! Valerie, the owner, is sweet, charming and very accommodating. All in all, a great experience!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Muppets13
champagne53, Owner at Le Petit Chateau Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the inn. I have always though Hyde park is centrally located to wonderful restaurants and sights! The Walkway across the Hudson is a mere three miles, FDR's libray one mile, Vanderbilt, three miles. Even to visit other villages, most are simply twenty minutes. And the wineries Oh la la!

Merci

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was my secon stay at Le Petit Chateau and as the first one, it did not disappoint. In an ideal location for visiting Culinary Institute of America, less than .5 miles away, it provides such treats as breakfast cooked by a CIA trained chef and a generous library that offers books on wine and cooking. Comfortable rooms with fireplace and bathroom amenities like L'Occitane hair products complete the setting for a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Adrian M

Thank you noticing our french shampoo! Really, L'Occitane is one of the best in the industry & I truly love their Provence products. Our chefs are professionals and strive to create a hearty farm to table breakfast every morning. I think one of the fun aspects of staying at Le Petit Chateau, is that you can actually interact with them in our open kitchen.

Merci

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband is an Alumni at the Culinary Institute of America. Le Petit Chateau is less than 1 mile away. We have stayed here 4 times & have been happy each time. The rooms are clean & decorated beautifully. There is wine and cheese available when we arrive. A delicious breakfast is served each morning. Valerie is a wonderful hostess & always available for any questions. I highly recommend it!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LIZPENN

Thank you for taking the time to review Le Petit Chateau Inn. We greatly appreciate our guests who return and know that this is the best compliment.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were 4 couples who take annual outings to a different B&B once a year. Le Petit Chateau was the least inviting, least comfortable of all that we have visited and the breakfasts were totally unexceptional. Nobody greeted us on arrival & the laminated room descriptions with names taped to each room seemed to indicate this was the way the inn customarily "greeted" its guests. There were ample snacks left out & in the fridge but when we returned from dinner, nothing had been cleaned up or removed. We are all in our 70's and the couch in the common room sloped down and was hard to get up from. The rooms had virtually no drawers for clothes and at least one of the bathrooms (in the $250/night room!) was small & offered no convenient place to put toiletries. The rooms lacked charm and were furnished with porch furniture and odd pieces that looked as though they were picked up at garage sales. There was very little difference between the $185/night and $250/night room and both amounts seemed too $ for any of the 4 rooms. The breakfast fruit was wonderful but the rest of the meal was ordinary and unexciting. This B&B had none of the charm we were accustomed to, when we left we still didn't even know who owned the B&B and all 8 of us were very disappointed.

Room Tip: I don't think any of the rooms was particularly comfortable or charming and feel that - at $185...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Linda W
champagne53, Owner at Le Petit Chateau Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Shame on you for fibbing about our inn! First dear traveler, let me share some really nice aspects of our inn:

We allow guests to check-in anytime after 11:00 (Which means you might not see us when you arrive, but you will see us throughout the day for certain!!)

We serve adult refreshments and wonderful cheese and fruit plates.

Our chefs are professionals. Everything we prepare for the guests is from local farms. When you stay at Le Petit Chateau, you are supporting local farms right here in Dutchess County.

The FULLL PRIVATE baths in EVERY ROOM are tiled in marvelous earthy italian tumbled tile.

All the rooms have fresh flowers grown in our vegetable and flower garden

All the rooms have cozy, comfortable beds and furniture, beautiful views of the two acre pond or the pine forest

Now as to NOT knowing who the owner was...(tsk what a fib!!)... that was ME the owner, who arrived at 6 pm (late) to greet all of the four couples who were sitting in our very cozy and comfortable sitting room, enjoying their highballs and cocktails from their own traveling bar... I apologized for the extreme delay due to horrendous traffic on Route 9 and Route 9G. ( A fatal traffic accident, which I did not share them because why share such sad news,..)

That was me, the owner. La Chatelaine, who explained that the traffic was so bad that I suggested that you folks leave half an hour early for your dinner reservation that I, the owner, La Chatelaine (whom you spent hours talking to) made for you folks.

That was me, the owner, who discussed at length, the next morning, your plans for the day.

That was me, the owner, La Chatelaine, who made dinner reservations for you that evening...

As we are a Bed & Breakfast, we leave around 6 - 7pm in the evening after tidiyng the sitting rooms, kitchen etc. If guests return later that evenig and leave their empty cocktail glasses and bottles of booze , MORE dirty dishes in the sitting room, I agree, it is unpleasant to see that.

Our chefs arrived at 6:30 and THEN cleaned up again for this particular group..

I suggest to any traveler: when you stay at a Bed & Breakfast that does not offer 24 hour conceirge service: simply take your dirty dishes to the kitchen.. Tres simple!

(And if you can't remember who the host is, perhaps cut back on the imbibing..)

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great Inn located within minutes of CIA, and only a short ride to FDR attractions. Valerie is a great Inn keeper, and the team she has working with her are very personable, and helpful when it came time to plan our days. Food was delicious, and rooms are updated and clean. We wil visit again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 07834
champagne53, Manager at Le Petit Chateau Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Thank you for the kind review! We do take pride in our modern amenities and small touches at the inn. All the rooms have FULL PRIVATE BATHS, with italian tumble tile, etc. As it is now fall, we have cozy working fireplaces . Fall foliage is just beginning. Our breakfasts are hearty and from local farms. Our hospitality is warm and inviting.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This Inn advertises what it does not deliver. We went to the Chateau for a relaxing weekend with our adult children. We were disappointed on so many levels: noise, wine and cheese hour, the facility and billing.
NOISE: A cooking class was ongoing in the kitchen, with four boisterous guests laughing and drinking. We could not get away from the noise. Instead of enjoying the common areas (living room, dining area), we had to stay in our rooms with the doors closed due to the noise. We then left the inn to go out to dinner. When we retuned, the four guests were even drunker and louder. This went on for so long that we could not sleep and I went downstairs to complain. YOU CANNOT OFFER COOKING CLASSES UNLESS YOU HAVE A SPACE FOR IT THAT IS FAR ENOUGH AWAY FROM OTHER GUESTS. The next morning at breakfast, those same guests were again loud and overwhelmed the entire house. We could not sleep, we could not enjoy our breakfast. I complained to them and to management. The next evening, again there was a cooking class. This time, however, there were only two guests and I asked that the doors and windows be closed during their class.Therefore, due to the noise, there was nothing peaceful about this supposedly relaxing inn.
EVENING WINE AND CHEESE: The Inn advertises evening wine and cheese. Sounds nice, right? In reality, guests are instructed to go to a refrigerator in the living room where leftover fruit from breakfast is covered in saran wrap (looking tired and unappealing). No tasty French cheese anywhere in sight, only the cheapest Cheddar spread. There is wine on the counter but the glasses were dirty. AND, on both nights that we were wanted to enjoy the Wine and Cheese hour,
the cooking class overpowered the entire house.
THE FACILITY: The B and B is far from a chateau. It is tired, dark and seedy. Everything feels run down (both inside and outside). The rooms are dark (bedrooms as well as common areas). One of our bathrooms smelled and the water from the shower smelled. The stairway is so narrow that carrying overnight bags upstairs is difficult. Moreover, the B&B is set back but still, on a busy street. That is not clear from the Internet.
BILLING: Due to the noise we experienced on the first night, the owner slipped a gift certificate for $100 under my door. Accompanying it was a note inviting me to use it or gift it. When we checked out on Sunday, the owner was not there. I gave the staff the gift certificate, they accepted it, we paid our bill and were on our way. Two days later, I was charged the amount of the certificate plus tax on my American Express. That is unacceptable. I still have the note that clearly shows there is no restriction on its use. I have called the owner and emailed with her. She sent me replacement gift certificate! I don't want it. If I was not supposed to use the gift certificate during my stay, then her note should have said to and her staff should not have accepted it. (NOTE: American Express is looking into the matter).
My husband and I travelled from Miami for a relaxing Hudson River Valley experience and invited our New York city based daughters to join us. The B&B was the only unpleasant part of an otherwise delightful trip.

Room Tip: The downstairs room is the darkest and closest to the cooking classes.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank mzbmiamiUSA
champagne53, Owner at Le Petit Chateau Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Oh My. That is one angry person. Dear traver, we did our utmost professional best to resolve the issue while the guest was at the inn. And we believe we DID.

So we choose not to adress this issue on the internet. It was resolved in April and in a very satisfactory, calm and professional manner.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was disappointed to find there was absolutely nothing "chateau" about "Le Petit Chateau." It was "seulement une maison ordinaire." The setting was pleasant and quiet, but there was no charm about the house at all. We almost always choose to stay at inns and B&B's as we enjoy their more interesting characters, but I found our room-an upstairs one--quite sterile and motel like. (The bathroom was lovely though.) The bed was so squeaky that I woke up every time my husband turned over. Breakfast was good, but I was a bit put off when I saw one of the chefs arranging the (very delicious) popovers with his bare hands. We never met the hosts, a first for us staying at a B&B.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
champagne53, Owner at Le Petit Chateau Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

We appreciate the time you took to review Le Petit Chateau Inn. First thank you for complimenting our FULL PRIVATE baths! All of our rooms have FULL PRIVATE BATHS. For some reason, Trip Advisor has a comment on our listing that not all the rooms have private baths. This is not true at all!!! ALL OF OUR ROOMS HAVE FULL PRIVATE BATHS!
Our rooms have beautiful italian tile throughout the tub, shower and floor. So thank you for that!
Many Americans have not traveled the french contryside as I have, and I still do, so that they don't see the "typical" french home. And that is what Le Petit Chateau is. A typical french home in the countryside...
Becasue I have sold (and STILL do sell) French wine, I travel quite a bit... so yes, you may not meet me but the chefs are super (and graduates of professional cooking schools). The innkeepers are knowledgeable about the area etc...

We do like to be a "laissez-faire" style inn, knowing that the guests are there to meet other world travelers and not the innkeeper. ..Trust me, I am there quite a bit...

Lastly, yes, our chefs use good old fashioned soap and water to keep their hands clean and the food clean..

We may not be everyone's cup of tea, we ARE a place for a good glass of wine though..

(PS - I fixed that darn squeky bed.. off it's track so to speak..)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyde Park
Quality Inn Hyde Park
Quality Inn Hyde Park
#2 of 4 in Hyde Park
Stonegate Bed and Breakfast

Been to Le Petit Chateau Inn? Share your experiences!