“50th Birthday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hyde Park
Le Petit Chateau Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hyde Park B&B and Inns
New Haven, Connecticut
“50th Birthday”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was our third time staying at Le Petit Chateau, and the occasion was my 50th birthday. When discussing plans for the big day, one of the first thoughts was to celebrate with family and friends at the Chateau. It was my husband and me, my sister and brother-in-law and one other couple, our dearest friends. Not only did the stay meet my lofty expectations, it far exceeded any other experience. We all did the chef's dinner, and meal that was beyond incredible. Being able to cook with Chef Joseph and Chef Justin was an experience of a life time. They took time to spend with each of us individually to teach and help us cook our part of the meal. We all took back, on top of a couple of extra pounds, information and cooking tips that will be used time and again. The meal, all of the courses, was elegant, fun, and incredibly delicious. Two desserts! Two desserts in one meal is an opportunity that comes along once or twice in a lifetime. And both were amazing.! Valerie, the owner, is a wonderful host. There was wine and snacks waiting for us both days in the afternoon. Breakfast, a meal that I normally only eat for sustenance, became an experience of tastes and anticipation for more! Le Petit Chateau is the BEST. Thank you Valerie, Chef Joseph and Chef Justin for being a part of the best birthday celebration any girl, but especially this 50 year old girl, could ask for.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jill R
champagne53, Owner at Le Petit Chateau Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Merci mille fois! It is always nice to read acknowledgements of the "little touches" Le Petti Chateau Inn offers our guests. Thank you for mentioning our cheese and fruit plates and afternoon refreshments. Every guest is special to us and we are extremely pleased when they return. And for a third time!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We know our guests are busy so this means alot to us.

Merci!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Maplewood, New Jersey
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I went to this B&B for a weekend getaway and were just floored by the food at breakfast. Everything was locally organically grown and farmed and you could taste the freshness of everything right down to the berrys.
The chef was a student at the Culinary Institute which was the main point of our trip up there and he sure knew what he was doing.
The room itself was very nicely appointed. We had a private bathroom and really enjoyed the ambiance of the fireplace in our room.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a private bath.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lweisman224
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 30, 2013

They cooked Paleo breakfasts for us and shared nice wines in the afternoons. The owner, Valerie, was very friendly and helpful and recommended a wonderful restaurant in the area. The staff was all very nice and helpful. Our room got a little warm at night and there was no good way to cool it down. We don't usually stay at b and b's so this was an exception and it was a nice splurge.

Room Tip: If you like it cool at night, get a downstairs room. If you like it warm, go for upstairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank awesome1jh
champagne53, Owner at Le Petit Chateau Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Merci mille fois! Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review,. Our professional chefs take pride in serving our guests with special dietary needs. They serve scrumptious breakfast meals that fit gluten-free, lactose intolerant and PALEO needs! And without the guests feeling as though they are on a diet!
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed from December 23 to 25, and had a perfectly magical time. The rooms were beautifully appointed and the entire experience suited my finicky heart. We were disappointed in our first breakfast, however. The young and enthusiastic chefs attempted to create an original concoction which I desperately tried to enjoy but alas, couldn't. Woke up to a White Christmas and Valerie's scrumptious southwestern cooking which made up for the previous day's culinary blunder. Partners in Massage also give surprisingly competent and deep-tissue body work. We were very pleased with the level of service and plan to return in the spring. Valerie was a superb host.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank InternationalPursuit
Ringwood, NJ
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I took some time off from work to spend an overnight in Hyde Park, particularly to have dinner at the Culinary Institute of America (CIA), as well as to do some bicycle riding (for him) and running (for me). The CIA's web site listed some nearby places to stay while visiting, and we wanted a B&B. There were a few that appealed to us, but something kept drawing us back to Le Petit Chateau, and we were thrilled with our choice! The house was comfortable and quaint, on a quiet street only 1/2 mile from the CIA! Mid-afternoon, a couple of hours before our jaunt to the Walkway-Over-the-Husdon (a close drive away), we enjoyed complimentary wine, cheese and crackers in the living room. Our room, the Rhone Room, was so cozy, especially with the fireplace on in the evening; we had a great night's sleep! Valerie, the owner, was so helpful and friendly from start to finish. I emailed her with lots of questions and she answered me quickly, and with a friendly tone to her responses. When we arrived, she gave my husband an awesome riding route, and me the suggestion of a perfect place to run at the nearby Vanderbilt Mansion. Chef Marina (a CIA graduate) made us a delicious breakfast, and was so nice to talk to! Nicholas, the Inn-keeper who checked us in, was also very sweet and friendly (and a talented musician as well!) He really keeps the house nice and clean. We will definately stay at Le Petit Chateau in the future, and we highly recommend this establishment. (Oh, and I forgot to mention, you'll leave with a little parting gift, and token of Valerie's appreciation for her guests!)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Stacy S
champagne53, Owner at Le Petit Chateau Inn, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
It is so wonderful to have guests like this couple! We are proud of our inn as representing Old World Charm, something I think that is lacking in many of the boutique-style environments. I think one of the charms of a bed and breakfast, is the interaction with the guests. As I am an avid bicyclist, our conversations were quite enlivened by the Lance Armstrong mayhem ( I am also a Texan...)

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I know people are so busy this time of year. It is genuinely appreciated.
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Superb location, nice clean rooms, HUGE updated bathrooms, cozy fire place, free wine and snacks that are actually good, high class breakfasts prepared by chef Marina that deserve a michilin rating, and a super friendly and accommodating owner. Thank you, Valerie. As a young couple from the city who are critical foodies who were looking for a quick weekend getaway, we had a pressure staying at your inn.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank aeternamzed
We so appreciate the time you took to submit a review. I believe our breakfast is hearty, wholesome and seasonal. We strive to genuinely reflect what is available from the Hudson Valley farmers markets. As we are a Europena style inn, we strive to provide hospitality and service that is friendly and attentive, without being overbearing.

Thank you again for submitting a review. We know it takes time from your busy schedule.
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 19, 2012

No one to greet us even though we were asked to give our arrival time. Rooms & common areas are pleasant. Bed had a soft, lumpy mattress, " threadbare" blanket, roomy bathroom. Website shows a beautiful water view, no water in site. "The Farm to Table" breakfast consisted of a few grapes & melon on a plate, yogurt eaten out of a carton, small slab of " egg/ spinach" ??? Nothing else. Sorry, forgot the coffee cake. Nothing as advertised on the website. No fresh farm produce in sight.
ONLY reason to stay is its proximity to CIA.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Maria A
champagne53, Owner at Le Petit Chateau Inn, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
This is the most ludicrous review we have experienced in eight years:
First: There is a VERY noticeable and LARGE TWO ACRE pond less than twenty feet from our inn!! YOU CAN'T MISS IT. (We have ROW BOATS, We Ice skate in winter, some brave guest swim) Oh la la . You see this pond from the dining room, the sitting room, the kitchen, the front porch, the parking lot, from your window (yes you do need to look out your window!!!!!)

Second: I (me, myself, miss chatelaine) checked these lady guests in. And in a line up I could describe Madame Maria A very well. I was in my biking regalia (all spandex) I might be slim, but no one looks good in spandex. HOW CAN SHE FORGET ME!!

Third:
All of our food comes from local farms. Please see our website: It really, really, really is true. Perhaps Madame Maria A wanted to visit the chicken coops at Feather Ridge or Spring Wool Farms and gather really fresh eggs. Or perhaps milk the cows at Ronnybrook Farm. Or she preferred to churn her own butter.

Shame on you for fibbing. In the land of Pinnochio, your nose would be so big it would stretch to TEXAS.

Really Dear Traveller... Madame Maria A is certainly banned from our inn, which is a pity because her travelling companion was making plans to return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyde Park
Days Inn Poughkeepsie
Days Inn Poughkeepsie
#7 of 13 in Poughkeepsie
Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie

Been to Le Petit Chateau Inn? Share your experiences!