“Not a great value”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hyde Park
Le Petit Chateau Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hyde Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Dont get why everyone is saying this place was so great. I felt ripped off. I was ok till breakfast. A watery egg, French toast I didn't want but had to eat cause there was no toast, muffin, or any other bread whatsoever. For being down the street from the culinary institute, I think they need to take a class or two. It would be alright if not for the price, but if they want to charge $200-250 they should definitely try to wow a bit more.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hard2please2
champagne53, Owner at Le Petit Chateau Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

One of the aspects I love about being an entrepreneur is receiving constructive criticism. We are extremely proud of our chefs, many ARE graduates of professional cooking schools including the Culinary Institute. I and the chefs always ask the guests if they would like an alternative entree or breads, or any breakfast product, etc, to what is being offered.
Our breakfast is a farm fresh breakfast prepared with local fresh eggs, seasonal fruit platter...fresh breads, Our dairy products including the yougurt, milk and half and half: all from our local dairy farms, we make our own granola. Our coffee is from a wonderful company called Birds and Beans - organically grown and the farms protect the song birds path.
Our honey and maple syrup is from Hummingbird Ranch an amazing bee apiary and maple sugar farm nearby.

If anyone is ever displeased with our food, AND if this kind guest had let the chefs know, they would have whipped something up to please the "Hard2Please". AND if a guest is EVER displeased in any fashion, we go to great lengths to improve the situation and comfort the guest.

There are newer reviews for Le Petit Chateau Inn

Reviewed April 12, 2012

After a lovely stay at Le Petit Chateau Inn we debated whether or not to share this secret ...
We just returned from Easter break at Le Petit Chateau Inn in Hyde Park, NY. We arrived late to find a note, gift bag, Mexican Chocolate Brownies, cookies, tea, wine, and of course a warm quiet room to catch up on rest. Breakfast was served at 9 AM by a CIA chef - need we say more .... not only was the food worthy of pictures it tasted delicious as well. The chef and the owner of the B&B treated us warmly, gave us appropriate tourist recommendations as well as taking the time to get to know us. Easter morning we were greated with beautiful hollow sugar eggs made by the chef and a delicious breakfast of (chocolate waffles, served with mascarpone cheese and fresh red berries - awesome!). The Inn is clean, inviting, and a restful place to stay. The town is filled with history, great food, friendly people, and beautiful views of the Hudson river. Definitely worthy of another visit. We would recommend this place to friends and family and are planning to return again ourselves. Merci Beaucoup to Marina and Valerie for a wonderful vacation and your hospitality!

Room Tip: All rooms are great here - you may want to choose based on a view - for example, you could have a vi...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank phillygirl39
Reviewed February 14, 2012

This is the first time my wife and I stayed at the Inn however I had put two other couples up there in Oct '11 and I came over for breakfast and fell in love with the place.
This past weekend we took over all four of the rooms as part of my wife's birthday celebration with six other close friends.
Miriana baked a special birthday cake and we had all of the amenities one would want as if it were our own private retreat.It is really a plus not to have the owner living on premises.
I highly recommend Le Petite Chateau and I expect to return often to enjoy the ambiance as well as all the neat things to do in the Hudson Valley.

Room Tip: It's an older house so the stairs going up to the great second floor where the Champgane Suite i...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Demarest N
Reviewed December 13, 2011

We're not B&B people but decided to give this one a try. It wasn't filled with tacky, frilly lace but rather with elegant fabrics that made us feel like royalty! Our Champagne room was comfortable and roomy and the gas fireplace was something we used each night. What a treat that was! Everything was clean and well maintained and was obviously renovated in recent years. Our hostess, Valerie, was fun to talk with and did a great job with our breakfast the second morning. A local chef prepared our breakfast the 1st morning and everything was super fresh and yummy this day as well.
The location couldn't be more convenient for visiting the area sites like the Culinary Institute, FDR's house and the Vanderbilt Mansion.
Valerie's parting goody bag was sweet and appreciated as well. What a nice touch! Have already recommended Le Petit Chateau to family for their trip to Hyde Park.
Stop by.....you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank adam071
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We continue to love this place. They take excellent care of us in the morning, then leave us in privacy the rest of the day. It is less like a hotel, and more like renting a renovated farm house and having a private chef show up to make breakfast. Our chef this year was extremely helpful, planned extras for us when we had to leave before regular breakfast hours. Not to mention everything she made was extremely delicious- half the reason we continue to stay here is how much we love the food, which I would describe as adventurous comfort food. Just different enough to feel special but not so crazy as to be alienating. We're working when we stay here so it is nice to have such a great place to come home to after our exhausting days. Farewell gift bags full of goodies was a nice way to end our week. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank NoPlaceLikeHomeMaine
Reviewed October 19, 2011

After booking my stay, I recieved a confirmation with a 48 hour cancellation policy without incurring any penalties. Further, their web site inconsistently states that there is a 5 day cancellation policy to avoid the penalty ranging from $25 to $100, with no explaination of the basis for the different charges. Due to various unavoidable circumstances, (including medical reasons), I cancelled my stay 9 days prior. However, when I received my credit card bill, I was charged $100 by the hotel. When I inquired about the charge, I was told it was a cancellation fee. Funny enough, when I cancelled, I got a cancellation confirmation e-mail, but never a mention of the penalty. They refuse to credit me the charge. So beware of the policies and the potential for their abuse of same!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Heather K
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We arrived at Le petit chateau after a long drive to be welcomed with individual cheese/fruit plates and wine, which we enjoyed by ourselves on the porch overlooking the pond. Right around the corner from the CIA, the FDR and the Eleanor R homes, and the Vanderbilt estate, it was super easy to see the sights and get back to the room to relax and refresh before dinner. The room was very comfortable, and the bathroom was large, new, and very clean. The extra little touches included nice bath products and soap, bathrobes, movies in the room, and (again) the wine/cheese plate upon arrival.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Days Inn Poughkeepsie
#7 of 13 in Poughkeepsie
Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie
Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie

Been to Le Petit Chateau Inn? Share your experiences!