WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“BEST place to stay in Hudson Valley!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Journey Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hyde Park
Journey Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Hyde Park B&B and Inns
Chicago
“BEST place to stay in Hudson Valley!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed here last weekend with my best friend for a girls' getaway. After searching online, this place kept coming up as the best B&B in the area- and it was! It had a great location (close to CIA, FDR museum, Rhinebeck and across the street from the Vanderbilt mansion), spotless rooms and excellent food. We loved waking up in the AM and going for a run by the Hudson river on the Vanderbilt mansion grounds and then returning for a delicious breakfast of homemade apple french toast.
The owner and her family are SO welcoming. They also were spot-on with their recommendations for local restaurants and activities. Some B&Bs can be a bit cheesy, but this place is classy and comfortable. We absolutely loved it and would recommend it wholeheartedly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JourneyInn, Owner at Journey Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
We are deeply humbled by your review. It was a wonderful pleasure having you and Lauren here - and that you chose us to have your best friend getaway. We love hearing that we are classy & comfortable - very much what we are going for, and so nice to know we are succeeding. We were so impressed that you grabbed a run before breakfast at the Vanderbilt - we are so lucky to have that amazing property right across the street - but not everyone is an ambitious as you guys. Thank you for taking the time to let us and others know how much you loved your stay - we truly appreciate it!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Buckingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

This B&B is beautiful in every way! The service is excellent, the breakfast interesting and the suroundings delightful. The little touch of having bowls of candies around the house is a great idea! Twenty four hour tea and coffee and easy access to an excellent local diner are bonus touches!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JourneyInn, Owner at Journey Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you!!! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us - we love being called "beautiful" - such a wonderful thing to hear. We do work so hard to provide the best service and to surround our guests with homey. warm, comforting decor and gardens - so it is so nice to be noticed and rewarded by your lovely review. It means so much to us.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed at the Journey Inn for 8 nights in August - longer than I have stayed anywhere and it was wonderful every day! I stayed in the English Country suite which was spacious and beautiful. A friend joined me after 5 days and we had plenty of room and 2 separate sinks and vanities -- so important for 2 girls! Beyond my room, the Inn was beautiful and extremely convenient to the CIA and across the street from the Vanderbilt museum. The innkeeper Valerie was friendly and helpful and I felt like she was an old friend. The breakfasts were thoughtfully prepared and unique. I loved it and cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: Note - there is no pool, but I cannot delete the rating!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AlidaLynn
Thank you so much Alida. It was such a pleasure having you at the Inn. As I also mentioned to Stephen - it is so great when we have boot campers here - you guys are so popular at the breakfast table as everyone wants to know about your day. We very much want the '5 dayers" (who are so busy at boot camp) to feel like this is your home away from home. We know you need your sleep and also time during the day before boot camp to relax and feel like you have a place to call home. We are so happy we were able to add to your amazing experience. So great having you!
Omaha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

As a student at the Culinary Institute for a five day boot camp, I was looking for a comfortable place for an extended stay. The location, room, provisions were ll great. What I didn't expect was to meet some really great people.

Valerie quite simply is one of the nicest people I ave ever met, and I also enjoyed getting to know some of the guests at breakfast.

Thanks for a great experience

Dave

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank stephen1
JourneyInn, Owner at Journey Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Such a wonderful thing to hear! Right back at ya - as you were one of the nicest people I have ever met, and our guests would agree. I do love when boot campers join the Inn as you bring so many interesting stories to the breakfast table. You must keep us posted on your culinary pursuits - as I was so impressed with your knowledge and contest winnings! Too much pressure for me at breakfast having all these culinary students - you guys keep me on my toes.
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I am late in writing this review. I stayed at the Inn the 2nd week in July when it was 102 degrees in the shade. It was lovely. Perfectly located. Very interesting guests. Great recommendation for dinner at 2Taste. Breakfast was great eating at the table with all the guests. Lively conversation and tips about the area.
Restored my faith in B & B's.
Highly recommend for the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Better late than never - so thank you so much for your lovely review. It was HOT in early July - and we worked mightily to keep the cool in house. So happy you enjoyed your stay - and as others have offered, to share your enjoyment of our family-style breakfasts. I keep saying it, but it is true - we have such interesting guests and thank you for adding to the joy.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were so nicely looked after by the wonderful Christine, supported by her delightful daughter. Very nice and clean room.

The house is comfortable and brilliantly located.

Lost a star because no shower gel, soap or shampoo was supplied. Only a hand wash. We have stayed all over the UK and USA in hotels and B&Bs, never had this before. Especially important for overseas visitors, like ourselves. May be a personal thing for us, but we would prefer toiletries to chocolates.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
JourneyInn, Owner at Journey Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
OH my....We DO supply soap, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion - so I am so sorry that you did not have any in your room - it was just an oversight. I wish you had only asked - we must have just forgotten to put it in your room that day. Thank you for letting us know how nice your stay was - and how great Christine and her daughter are - we do have great hosts!
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I have not been great fans of bed and breakfast inns, (innkeepers who were just a little too enthusiastic; themes that were too "over the top"; houses that were just a little too funky) but decided to try again during a recent visit to the Hudson Valley. Valerie and Eric, new owners of the Journey Inn, have us questioning our prejudices: Their recently acquired B&B is very pleasant. While our room was small by hotel standards, it was comfortable with many thoughtful touches. We had the Mombasa room, which was furnished with just enough interesting artifacts to provide character without eliminating all surface areas necessary for placing ones own articles (though we did chuckle with Valerie how a Mombasa theme tied to the overall theme of an Inn where Roosevelt and Vanderbilt reigned supreme). By contrast, common areas, a large formal living room, and the less formal but equally large family room adjacent to the dining room were spacious and, during our visit, little used by the guests of what seemed to be a full house. The common areas, bedroom and en-suite were impeccably clean.
Valerie was a charming hostess; she was informative and helpful without being invasive. She was particularly attentive about our perceptions of the room temperature; and certainly we had two very comfortable nights. Having traveled extensively, issues of hardness softness of the bed matter little anymore; I'm happy just to be able to sleep horizontal! And, being of a certain age, to be able to sleep at all is really all I ask.
As I said at the outset, my recent experience of B&B's is limited so my basis for comparison on issues of value for money and the "breakfast" (which appears for some potential guests to be the deal maker of breaker) are rather subjective. As a hobby chef, I found the breakfasts to be interesting, tasty and sufficient, though my wife and I typically eat fairly light. The "real" coffee (available after 8.00 am) was excellent. If you are looking for the Vegas style buffet, this is not the place for you. Our prior experience of B&B's has always been about a communal breakfast experience, so I wasn't disappointed. Set for 8.30 am, it certainly allowed for a leisurely start to the day yet allow one to get a jump start on the day's activities. And. as most of the guests at the table during our visit were there to sample the CIA restaurants, it provided a great opportunity to hear feedback about their experiences. (Bocuse appears to be the hot ticket! Book early!) So, to summarize, a hearty "thank you" to Valerie and Eric. I trust this remains a dream come true.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We want to thank you for such a lovely review! We really do try hard to create a warm inviting Inn without too much "kitch" and doilies - so it is nice to be noticed for the little things we try and bring, and the things we avoid! We did have a full house when you were here, so it is nice to know that the common areas were comfortable and not crowded - we do find that there is always enough space for those who need some time to unwind, read our papers, or catch-up on the news on TV. We truly enjoy offering our services while not being in the way - and yes, this is still a dream come true for us. Hope to see you back and maybe with a dinner at Bocuse the next time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyde Park
#6 of 13 in Poughkeepsie
Hampton Inn Kingston
Hampton Inn Kingston
#1 of 10 in Kingston

Been to Journey Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!