All reviews sausage room was clean vanderbilt mansion culinary institute of america breakfast was included waffle maker across the street make your own waffles checking in presidential library cookies an overnight stay bagels eveready diner night's sleep value for the money perfect location
Reviewed October 16, 2017

Because I delayed reserving a room for a conference at the nearby National Park - FRD at Hyde Park - the rooms at Quality Inn were sold out. Thanks to Sam and his wife, they patiently found me a room in a sold-out situation. A "friend" in need is a friend in deed. Thank you Sam. By the way, all I needed was a clean bed in a quiet environment. Furthermore the hotel was within walking distance to the Franklin D. Roosevelt house.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank colinejenkins
TeJefferson, General Manager at Quality Inn Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are so happy to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations, Great to hear that Sam and Dipika were able to get you into the hotel in tight situation and we hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

Fell below my already low expectations. On the plus side it was handy to the sites we went to see and there were some good restaurants very close by. The room was clean, ample parking, and the water was hot. Downsides - AC unit rattled all night. Vending machines empty, rusted fixtures in the bathroom, too small breakfast area to accommodate the guests (obviously the motel was not designed for it). When I called at 8 AM to request assistance with a clogged commode I was told I would have to wait until the maintenance people came at 9 AM - they made it by 8:45 - but really?. Staff was polite though. So, my advice is pay a little more and drive a little farther until the owners of this location make an investment to modernize.

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor - which was fine.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank willow4165

Dear Willow4165
First, I want to thank you for your feedback. While I wish, you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience.
It does seem like you enjoyed our proximity to local attractions such as The Roosevelt Home, Vanderbilt mansion, Eveready Diner and much more. We are constantly updating and improving the guest experience at our hotel. I would be happy to make your reservation personally and and see to it that you enjoy the experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed October 10, 2017

Very importantly....there is NO ELEVATOR... We somehow missed this when we booked and of course, we were on the 2nd floor (my friend has severe knee issues). Aside from that issue, the rooms are small but clean and the beds comfortable. The front desk staff was friendly. We had numerous issues with our key cards but they were patient and accommodating. The location is good and the place is popular as evidenced by the full parking lot each night. (We skipped the complimentary breakfast and ate down the road at Eveready...excellent decision!)

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cityoflight62
Temba J, General Manager at Quality Inn Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2018

I would like to apologies for your inconvenience of getting a 2nd floor room. Upon booking a reservation online or on the phone please feel free to call the front desk at 845-229-0088 and speak with any one of our professional team members and request a first floor room or any other accommodations we can provide for you, Upon booking your reservation and calling us directly you can get a pre assigned room, available upon request.

However I am happy that you found our rooms clean and comfortable, our staff friendly and accommodating on your key issues, and our location pleasing in proximity to the local Hyde Park attractions. The Eveready diner is very good but next time please feel free to try our complimentary breakfast.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

A very friendly person welcomed us upon our arrival but I am sorry that I don't remember her name. Suzi was the person who checked us out the following day and she was very sweet, too. This was a very nice place to stay with a comfortable bed, a silent AC/Heater unit, and a wonderful shower. The breakfast included make-your-own waffles which I did.

One suggestion would be to have lightbulbs in the room that are a bit brighter. It is hard for us old people to see in dim light.

Room Tip: I requested a room on the first floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yoohoo614

Dear yoohoo614,

Thank you for your stay with us and for sharing your experience with other travelers. We were pleased to read you liked the comfort of the room but were sorry to hear there were some issues with lights. Please rest assured we have addressed this with the team to ensure we improve on this. Thank your for your kind words towards Suzi one of our frond desk team members

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 3, 2017

Middle of the road hotel with a great location. Price was fair however after the first two late days of banging and construction noises - saws etc I asked to switch rooms. Turns out the bathroom next door was being gutted and rebuilt. WOW! Q.I. obliged and changed my room to the other end of the building thank GOD. I found the steps to be quite steep and somewhat un-sturdy. The breakfast was adequate however for the week I stayed I often had to wait online behind the hotel staff. Great location with many restaurants in walking distance + a Drive-In Movie Theater very close. Stayed here on biz and it was short and bittersweet. Bada Book - Bada Bing?

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank cmacNYC
temba j, General Manager at Quality Inn Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2018

Dear cmacNYC,

Thank you for your stay with us and for sharing your experience with other travelers. We were pleased to read you enjoyed our great location to our many local sights, but were sorry to hear there were some issues with our at the time renovation, Happy to hear we solved this issue for you after all. Please rest assured we have addressed this with the team to ensure we improve on this.

Kind regards,