Quality Inn Hyde Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Inn at Hyde Park(Hyde Park)
Roosevelt Inn(Hyde Park)
Highland Motel(Highland)
Vassar Alumnae House(Poughkeepsie)
View Hotel
All reviewssausageroom was cleanyogurtvanderbilt mansionculinary institute of americabreakfast was includedwaffle makeracross the streetmake your own waffleswalking distancepresidential librarychecking incookiesample parkingan overnight stayhard boiled eggsnight's sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2009

came back in the area and stayed again. Better than before keep it up.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2009

We did a whirlwind trip - staying in 9 different locations each night - averaging about $100 per night. This was one of the best deals we got - under $100, great location, very helpful staff, CLEAN and a nice continental breakfast. Minutes from the river and a great value!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2009

The Quality Inn at Hyde Park is a clean and convenient accommodation. Its location in proximity to the Roosevelt/Vanderbilt attractions is excellent--FDR's home is, indeed, just a few hundred feet away. It is typical of the lower half of the Choice Hotels chain: no-frills, basic, reasonably-priced accommodations. Although I received this, there were some drawbacks, which might help you to decide whether to stay here or not.

While walking up the stairs to my second-floor room, I noticed that the interior corridors were unusually warm. They had all of the hall windows open, and while fresh air is always good, it's been my experience that most hotels try to keep the temperature consistent throughout the building. Accordingly, it was just as warm in my room, and I had to turn the A/C on. No matter how I tried, I was either too hot or too cold--the thermostat seemed temperamental.

The mattress was a bit on the stiff side, but my biggest complaint would have to be the size of the pillows. Although there were three of them, they were maybe 2/3 the size of regular bedding pillows. There was a small burn hole in the blanket. I slept alright.

The hotel room redeemed itself with a nice, new-looking shower with great pressure and free wireless internet (unsecured, just so you know). The continental hot breakfast really made things better: juices, yogurt, coffee, scrambled eggs, bacon, cereals, toast--just about anything you could ask for, in a small dining area off the lobby with a TV and complimentary USA Today. I liked that this hotel went the extra mile and provided a hot breakfast, as that is starting to become a thing of the past.

Upon checkout, I noticed that my bill was slightly higher than what I had booked it for. When I asked the front desk agent about the $1.50 in-room safe charge, she questioned, "Oh, you didn't use it?" and credited the amount on my card. I would caution guests to make the same assertion when visiting here; it may be just $1.50, but I had no intention of paying that for something I didn't want or use.

Overall, Quality Inn is average. You will sleep here--its location is convenient but not noisy, and it definitely has some perks for the less-finicky traveler.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank roadtripphene
Reviewed July 9, 2009

You could see the edge of the FDR site from the front and we walked from there to Val Kil and Top Cottage (2.5 mi total; 5 mi round trip), and it's perfect for anyone that is staying for that purpose. Room was just what you'd expect - clean, quiet, standard. Breakfast included scrambled & hard-boiled eggs and sausage, which you don't see at many continental breakfasts.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cecesimms
Reviewed June 15, 2009

I frequently attend a local holistic retreat. This is close to the retreat, convenient to restaurants, and affordable. All of what I needed. Coffee maker, free internet access, iron. Clean, nicely furnished. The staff is very accommodating and incredibly efficient, as well as pleasant and courteous.

Reasonably priced for this area and for what you get!

AND!!! Great diner two minutes north, McD's, Dunkin Donuts, Rite Aid 5-10 minutes north.

One downfall.... hallway style hotel, so, as in any hotel with interior room doors, you will hear other guests doors close!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo