Roosevelt Inn
$85
$152
Hampton.com
$136
All reviewscoffee shopdonutscontinental breakfastroom keyrustic roommicrowave popcornhot chocolatedeluxe roomjuiceenglish muffinsculinary institute of americafamily runsecond floorsecond sinkhour accessthe ownerknotty pine
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We spent 2 nights here and it was great for what we wanted. Nice sized, clean, comfortable room with a mini fridge. Breakfast is included but not for any folks avoiding carbs. Cereal, bagels, donuts a little fruit. Was fine with me, but I know some who need an egg or yogurt.

Room Tip: Must see the FDR home & museum and Val-Kil and, for a complete change, the Vanderbilt Mansion.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ChicagoKim59
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Just came back from my visit to Hyde Park and all of the historical sites. I stayed at the Roosevelt Inn overnight so I could enjoy more things the next day. The hotel is close to everything, and there are some nice restaurants near by.
The hotel itself is truly wonderful. The room was so very clean and everything was comfortable (I wanted to steal the arm chair that was in my room!). It was also very quiet, which is a must for me.
If you happened to be driving by, you might not give this hotel a second notice, but you will be sorry you did. I would stay here again if I am ever back in the area.

Room Tip: They have rustic and deluxe rooms, the one I stayed in was deluxe. It had a bathtub, and you could control the A/C heater, I think the rustic rooms only had a shower, and you couldn't control the A/C heater.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

My Mom and I stayed here for a night since we're visiting the area and the FDR home. I had booked this after reading Trip Advisor and was delighted when we arrived that it was more quaint than I had expected. The property has a country feel to it and is nicely landscaped. Very peaceful. Location is walking distance to art coop, shops and a fabulous wine bar/restaurant. The owner was very cordial and helpful during check in. Rooms are comfortable, very clean with Eco-friendly toiletries. Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed here for two nights of our vacation and very much enjoyed it. From the moment we checked in we were made to feel very welcome. I asked for restaurant recommendations and was given several good choices. I can highly recommend this inn.

Room Tip: Be aware that there is no elevator, so if you have difficulty with stairs, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kjwh
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is really a motel, not specifically an "inn." Having said that, it is very clean and neat with a comfortable bed. Not fancy, just basic. Our room on the second floor was very spacious. There is no elevator so do not take a second floor room if you have trouble with stairs. We needed to change our arrival by one day and the staff was very accommodating. They offer free Wi-Fi and continental breakfast in the morning in their coffee shop. This is a great spot to stay if you are visiting the FDR Museum, Vanderbuilt home and Val-Kil, Eleanor Roosevelt's home (all are only a mile or so away). The Culinary Institute is a few miles down the street.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple