Roosevelt Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Inn at Hyde Park(Hyde Park)
Highland Motel(Highland)
View Hotel
Pleasant Valley Motel(Pleasant Valley)
View Hotel
All reviewscoffee shopdonutscontinental breakfastroom keyrustic roommicrowave popcornhot chocolatedeluxe roomjuiceenglish muffinsculinary institute of americafamily runsecond floorsecond sinkhour accessthe ownerknotty pine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed for one night in an upstairs room which was recently updated. Very large and clean. The breakfast was good in a 1950's type soda fountain setting. Good ambiance in this family run motel. Overall, very good for the price and would stay again.

Room Tip: Upstairs is best or on the left side of motel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Very 50's knotty pine on all the walls and a small bathroom. Great place for seniors to stay as you back right up to the room door to unload the luggage. It was very clean and close to everything. They had a nice continental breakfast. On two of the mornings they had wild blueberries.
When we asked about things to do besides the FDR library and Museum they recommended touring Locust Grove Mansion. Samuel Morris, the inventor of the Telegraph resided there for a few years. It is a well worth the tour. It is filled with period furniture and unlike many historic homes you see all of the rooms.
It is minutes from many of the attractions. It is basic but it was clean and close to everything.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank George M
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Most motels of this era have either been torn down or are in a neglected state. This is the exception. It was fun to visit this "retro" place that is remarkably well maintained and impecably clean. By today's standard this place is very small with only about 15 or 20 rooms. The parking area is shaded with beautiful, old trees. The breakfast room, while not elaborate, is more than adequate and very clean. Breakfast was simple but tasty. We arrived about noon and had a picnic lunch with us which we enjoyed in the breakfast room. Our rooms were very clean and comfortable. Nice towels, decent shower, and very quiet air conditioner. Excellent location for visiting Roosevelt home, Vanderbilt mansion and Culinary Institute of America. We were very comfortable in this lovely old motel. Price was reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DICKKEIM
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed in the deluxe king room. Very nice room. No frills, but clean and spacious. There's a nice coffee shop downstairs that guests can enter at any time. Breakfast in the morning is nothing great, but decent. They served donuts, bagels, and cereal. The one complaint I have is the morning we left. Check out time is 11. We had the "do not disturb" sign on the door and at 10:30 the maid knocked on the door. Then at 10:45 we get a call from the front desk asking if we were leaving. A somewhat annoying end to a nice visit.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Steev84
Manager-RIOHP, Owner at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

We're sorry you were disturbed your final morning. Housekeeping did not tell the desk that the do not disturb sign was up and most likely did not notice it . The maid called the desk and said nobody had answered their knock and could we call the room which we did at 15 minutes before checkout. A bit harsh to call it rude though.

There are always two sides to every experience. Luckily, in nine out of ten customers we get things right-- though there is always room for improvement. We will review policy again with staff.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is an older motor court type hotel. It is very quaintly landscaped and has flower boxes and urns to add color outside. We had room 7 for 4 nights - a little noisy as it is right next to the "cafe" where a continental breakfast, ice and popcorn is available. Room 7 is noisy due to guests slamming closed the door of the cafe which is kept locked and each guest has a key for it along with their room key. That is not the fault of the motel. Our room was a double/double (2 double beds) deluxe. The room was LARGE. It had a nice flat screen t.v, a nice vanity area with a sink and mini fridge. The bathroom was fully tiled in the European style and the shower had great water pressure. The furniture is new and tasteful, but what pleased me the most is that the room was spotless! Housekeeping at this property KNOWS how to clean! There are a few small details that did bother me though. As a guest - I expect to be greeted with a hello or welcome. Upon check in the clerk was on the phone - obviously on a personal call. I wasn't acknowedged. She left the room and another woman came out who didn't speak to me except to ask for an imprint of my credit card and to fill out the reservation card. Upon check out - this same woman didn't ask me about my stay, didn't thank me for my business or for the fact that I offered to give her a check rather than bill my credit card (as I know credit card companies charge the vendor a fee for their use). I pointedly and nicely thanked her for a lovely stay and didn't get any reaction - not a thank you for staying with us or a smile or anything. There are plenty of lesser cost motels in the area and in this economy I assume they are all vying for tourist business... Those are my reasons for not giving the Roosevelt Inn and excellent rating. So... fellow T/A's for a centrally located hotel - between Springwood (the FDR Birthplace), Val-Kill , and Hyde Park (the Vanderbilt Mansion) this is a good, clean, well-located hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple