“A Gem!”
Review of Bocuse Restaurant

Bocuse Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bocuse Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Hyde Park
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

The plating of the food was spectacular! Everything was so beautiful and the staff was so formal even though they are current CIA students! Impeccable! My husband and I came with two friends to dine and every course was a show! Id recommend getting the ice-cream at the end! What a show that was..

There are newer reviews for Bocuse Restaurant

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Its amazing to me that the majority of staff here are students and changes over completely every 6 weeks and they are still able to execute food at such a high level. Our table of 9 was served efficiently and with very few errors, even though it was these students first night at their posts. The wine list is impressive as are the original cocktails The food was excellent all around. I had the duck and it was delicious and perfectly cooked. The table got a double order of the tableside ice cream and it was fun to watch and very interesting. Would recommend the place for anyone who loves good food executed at a high level.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

considering this is a training school, one has to be tolerant of the students. this was not our first visit, and on previous occasions, we were 100% satisfied; some of the wait staff was nervous, understandably, but performed up to the high standards of an establishment with high aspirations and repute.

not so this time. while the food served was presented well, and the quality outstanding, as in the past, our waiter was a touch arrogant and not as attentive as one would expect. when describing a special of butter-poached scallops (which were amazingly good) he referred to them as fish. when gently corrected that the correct description is seafood, he gave me the evil eye; worse, coming back a few minutes later he repeated the error. obtaining additional bread was difficult, and in general, the attention of our waiter was not where it was supposed to be. wines came late, water refills never. the above aside, it was a good experience that could have been improved by a little attention by the supervisor roaming the floor but ignoring our table of six.

1  Thank Fredontheroad
Reviewed July 17, 2014

6 for dinner on a Saturday night.
The dining room is beautiful.

Place settings lovely.

The food: works of art. Works of minimal, unsatisfyingly small portion art. Sort of like those miniature paintings in India....beautiful and really, really small. Thank goodness for bread which was requested again and again and again or we would have left famished! And what's up with coming to the table with 8 pieces of bread for 6 people? aaaahhhh Nouvelle cuisine. This is a vision of fanciful Parisian (or Lyonnaise) cuisine circa 1990. All style and no substance..."foam"...."air"....not au currant at all and French in the minimalist! Dining at Bocuse outside Lyon was satisfying and rich, this was fancy food for the anorexic set.

Ahhh....but the service. The SERVICE. This is a training institute of grand repute and the (yes we have hearts and felt pity and compassion) waifs serving are all a nervous twitter. Incompetent to say the least. Wine arrives after the appetizer. The white warm. The red...oh, no worries, I will refill the glasses myself. No announcement of what is served. Confusion over cheese course. Supervision? Absent! Opportunity for feedback....none...so here it is! Was it this the summer school remedial staff on their first day. Monroe College in New Rochelle does an outstanding job but the CIA is apparently the Center of Inexperienced Amateurs. But it's really the faculty that is to blame. I'm sure Paul B would've had a big French tantrum!

Oh...and that 17% service charge. I'm writing it off as a donation to a scholarship fund for the (very) needy!

3  Thank jwsmd3
Reviewed July 15, 2014

So my wife an I stopped here as we headed out for vacation. Last minute decision but I was able to aget a reservation. The "kids" were excellent but I think they were all looking forward to graduation the next day. However, it provided an opportunity to talk to some of them about htier plans, etc. We asked to move our table in front of the kitchen so we could watch and they were more than accommodating, which was nice. Our waiter needs a little more practive with removing the neck foil from a wine bottle but otherwise we great. The food was excellent and I'm glad we made the decision to stop here.

1  Thank pensfan58