“Nouveau French”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bocuse Restaurant

Bocuse Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bocuse Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Hyde Park
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
LONDON
“Nouveau French”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great food at this new French restaurant at the CIA. Food is beautifully presented & wine list is interesting. We love the atmosphere that comes with a teaching facility at a culinary school including chatting with the staff as they head off to the next phase of their careers.

• Visited November 2013

Waterbury, Connecticut
“Students in training”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was very nice. A huge open window to the kitchen. The first thing I noticed is that all the staff, with the exception of the trainers, were all young. Service was a little tentative and wait staff appeared a bit nervous. The food was very good however, though much more on the luke-warm side. What made the experience much better was that it was restaurant week, so some of the faux pas' were more tolerable including when one wait-staff cracked open a liquid cube of liquor, (for presentation effect), and splattered it on me. However, staff offered me reimbursement for dry-cleaning. Overall, it was a very nice experience. I think I was expecting a little more sophistication, but understood that these were students in training. I would definitely go back but with a little lower expectations.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Ray M
Ansonia, CT
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Dined here on November 9,2013. The space is beautiful, very french looking. The massive ceiling lights are very deco looking. Make sure you check out the sconces on the walls, they are chefs hats with chefs standing on top of them. We sat very near the kitchen and had a great view of all the hustle and bustle. There was a constant stream of traffic coming out of the kitchen. We were offered bread before dinner, either french rolls or sour dough, we all choose the french rolls. They were excellent,crusty on the outside and chewy on the inside. They were even better with the sweet butter, I could have eaten the butter on its own! Our waiter seemed a bit awkward and nervous and when he gave us the wrong wine glasses he was a but shaken. We didn't realize we were given the wrong glasses but apparently someone told him. I started with the gnocchi Parisienne. The gnocchi were very tiny and light and fluffy,the veal was fork tender and the sauce was very good. I had the braised short ribs for my entree with mushrooms and celeriac, oh my god , I could not stop eating it, it was that good!!!! Foe dessert I had the vanilla flan over French spice cakes,with casisis spiced pears, peanut brittle and thin pieces of caramelized sugar. It didn't look like what I expected it to look like, it was very creative and artsy looking. At the end of the meal they brought over a cute wooden box that was a replica of the building we were in and it was filled with homemade jelly candies,chocolate and that Italian nougat candy that begins with a "T" that I can't remember the name. We had a very nice experience and can't wait to come back.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank javaandjazz
Marietta, Georgia
“A great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had lunch on a beautiful fall day. Our waiter was friendly and helpful-very receptive to questions, and very knowledgable. It was interesting to watch the open kitchen while we ate. We ate appetizers so we could try more things, and each was a work of art. A true adventure in eating. We probably would not order any of it again, but it was a fun day.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Laura P
“Best of the three”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Unlike the rest of the world, I have not been all that excited about the CIA. American and Italian restaurants were disappointing, but we wanted to try all three. Bocuse was the best, but I wouldn't go back. There are just too many excellent restaurants that aren't part of the CIA and don't require making a reservation months in advance. Service at Bocuse was better than at the others; our last time at the Italian restaurant the students were literally on their first day in the front of the house after having done a kitchen rotation, and the place was totally in the weeds. These folks had been in place for a couple weeks and knew what they were doing. Decor was modern and not very impressive. Food was good, I had short rib (singular) and my wife had branzino. Both adequate but not a "wow". Menu was quite limited as well, and didn't have any other "bistro" items such as roast chicken which I would have liked to see.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Fkuriger

Been to Bocuse Restaurant? Share your experiences!