“worst experience ever !!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Bocuse Restaurant

Bocuse Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bocuse Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Hyde Park
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“worst experience ever !!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Bocuse was highly recommended to me by my boss. I made reservations to celebrate my husband's birthday months in advance. 2 weeeks before the event, I visted 2x. I had requested a river view. I was given a table number. Several days before the event I called reservations to make sure all was ok, including the table. When we arrived, the table was not available and attempted to seat us elsewhere.Iexplained the above.. They made the table readily available for us in a short amount of time. The menu choices was noit what I had seen posted on the internet. Neither one of us was particularly thrilled with their menu. Anyway.. we ordered. The salmon appetizer I had was the worst I ever tasted. My husband had to settle for cold pea soup since that was what he could stomach from among the choices. We both ordered pork tenderloin. It was AWFUL!!! I took a small bite,of the meat along with the dark thinly spread sauce; that was it for me. The "Manager" asked me if I wanted to take the plate home. I decline. He asked me if I wanted another entree.. I declined. I didn't want to chance it a second time..We didn't want to wait for dessert. disappointed BIG time. the food was tasteless. It was the worse birthday dinner ever. I am so sorry to my husband. Maybe if you want to experiement this would be a place for you. However if you want to wow someone ;honor them fine dining this may not be the place for you. Sorry! June 14, 2013

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank E M

Madison, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Wonderful food. Delicious lamb and the appetiser of saffron and mussel soup was sublime. We had the dessert platter and so enjoyed watching them making the ice cream. It was all excellent. Our two small children were made to feel welcome and accommodated as far as possible. The cherry on top was the service from our waiter, Jeremy. We have eaten in many Michelin starred restaurants and this was right up there with them. In fact the service was better.

Visited June 2013
Webster, Florida
“Oh La La”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

My niece and I were looking forward to our dinner and Bocuse did not disappoint. The special appetizer of Foie Gras coated in cocoa was sublime. We also enjoyed the presentation and flavor of the ice cream made at your table.

• Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Making Paul Proud”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

As we started planning our Hudson Valley Adventure, foodies that we are, the CIA was one of the reasons. To my surprise (and delight) I discovered that Bocuse was to open a few weeks before we began planning and made a reservation. Having been to his restaurant in Provence years ago, it brought a smile to my face and my juices flowing.

The new digs did not disappoint. What a fabulous room. Elegant, lots of light, superb table placement, comfy chairs and ...of course the food. All the way there I chanted 'foie gras, foie gras' and my wish came true. Perectly seared and beautifully plated. My husband and I had them as our first of the 3 course prix fixe menu. We then moved on to mains of chicken fricasee (can you believe it) and rack of lamb. Yum. Then dessert. OK, now this was a bit over the top. We were served, table side, homemade ice cream that was delish but, in my opinion, the fanfare wasn't necessary.

There were a few hiccups that had nothing to do with our dinner...our waiter (a given that everyone is a student) could barely speak English and was as stiff as a board even though we tried our best to get him to relax. We'd suggest a wine pairing, not for us, but for the bewildered folks we saw around us and, I know that there's no dress code but pardon me, I think at least suggesting that you are going to dine -not just eat- in such a magical place, deserves a
dress up/date night.

• Visited May 2013
Rockport, Massachusetts
“A beautiful restaurant with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Keeping in mind that you are eating at the CIA overall it was a wonderful dinner. The place is beautiful, the food was very good and the service was good. We enjoyed watching the servers and how they fit in with the french food and ambiance. Some were very good and sure of themselves, others were hesitant to the point that you almost felt sorry for them but overall they did a good job and they seemed to warm up as the evening went on. Most of the food was very good. The truffle soup was just ok but the rest got very good reviews from our table of 4. We all had the fixe priced dinner that was a good value. Yes the ice cream at the table was a little showy but it turned out to be excellent ice cream and the show was discreet. Make sure that you are not in a hurry as the meal and service did take awhile. We would go back.

• Visited May 2013