“Bocuse? Ooh la la!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bocuse Restaurant

Bocuse Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bocuse Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Hyde Park
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Bocuse? Ooh la la!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Loved Adam Tihany's calm, but sophisticated and light decor.. Very comfortable but low-key elegance (Frette linens). All the staff (CIA students & supervisor) were unobtrusive but helpful. The menu was varied and enticing. Extensive wine list comes on an iPad (ask your server for suggestions). First, we were brought an amuse bouche...aroncini - little rice ball -with some teeny crispy prosciutto for me (yummy) and a vegetarian treat for my companion - as he described it, "it's a little ricotta thing with something else delicious".I started my meal with little snails topped w/ tiny pieces of chopped bacon, all on celeriac puree...oh, so awesome! I'd definitely order that again. My friend ordered the lobster bisque with Pernod. Ditto. Heavenly. We both ordered the potato crusted lemon sole for our entree. Really good, but there were many other tempting choices so I'll try something else next time. We both ordered the 'pineapple upside down cake' (you'd never guess that was what it was) w/ coconut ice cream... It was amazing. And it was whimsically served over a bowl of anise stars with dry ice so it looked like it descended from the tip of the Himalayas. What fun! I noticed that most patrons ordered the lobster bisque, lamb chops, and the "small desserts" with mini ice cream cone. Your waiter actually makes your ice-cream at tableside after they serve the elegant mini-desserts on a lovely ceramic tray. Looked a little too rich for me, but believe me, there were no complaints! Good coffee and tea, both served in a French press. And after paying our bill, we were brought a box of four luscious chocolates! Definitely try Bocuse. (We're already planning a return visit). And think about taking a tour of the beautiful Culinary Institute...

• Visited March 2013

New York
“Good food and beautiful new space, but some missteps and extremely pricey!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

The overhaul of Escoffier was worth it. Bocuse is shiny and airy. The truffle soup was very good. Sadly, the filet mignon was quite overcooked (medium+ vs. medium rare). The goat cheese cheesecake was delicious but a very small portion. Good wine list, although it's on an ipad and I felt sorry for the elderly gentleman at the next table who didn't know how to work it (don't assume everyone does). My biggest issue was that dinner for two cost $170!!! There are so many good restaurants in the area that missteps like overcooking the entreè, at that price, become unforgiveable. Service was clunky but I get that these are chefs who would rather be in the kitchen. The waiter brought me a survey as I was finishing, which I felt was invasive, and another tried to clear my plate while I was sipping wine. Not spectacular but good.

1 Thank woozel