“Cant' wait 'til you return”
Review of Joseph's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Joseph's Steakhouse
Cuisines: German, Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Creek Road
Transit: Dutchess
Description: Joseph's Steakhouse is minutes from Culinary, Marist and Vassar College. Located next to Val-Kill. Eleanor Roosevelt's National Site in Historic Hyde Park and minutes from FDR Library. Joseph's Italian Steakhouse was once part of Val-Kill and was called Val-Kill Station. Val-Kill Station from 1933 to 1949 servered as a Tea Room restaurant serving a Tea Luncheon to Royal families & travlers visting the Roosevelts. Besides our great steaks and seafood, Joseph Steakhouse still continues the tea luncheon tradition by reservation only in the tea room. Available daily for Groups of 25 or more. Private room for catering.
Reviewed May 8, 2017

Every once in awhile my cousin and I get together. Every time we do we look forward to going to Josephs for the best steak in the Hudson Valley. Not only is the steak the best around the friendly, quiet atmosphere is a well deserved break from the weekly hustle and bustle. The staff is super chill and Joseph always makes sure we feel like kings. Joe, we can't wait 'til you reopen. Thanks for everything. Good luck and God bless.

Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2017

Reviews like this is what made Joseph's Steakhouse special for me also. I thank all the 5 Star customers for the great reviews & support. Joseph

Reviewed March 27, 2017

We have enjoyed this place several times over the last few years. We had brunch with several friends just 1 day before the restaurant was destroyed. Food and service were excellent as always and the Host was most hospitable sharing stories of the restaurant, his grandkids and future menu changes. We wish you and your staff well in your future endeavors.

Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

Only was there once and everyone enjoyed. Restaurant is now CLOSED due to a recent fire. Hope they or someone else rebuilds.

Joseph's S, Manager at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2017

Steve, thanks for the review and not sure what the future is for Joseph's. The building is totally destroyed. I was in the kitchen one minute before it exploded and lucky to be alive. God must still has plans for me not sure it is reopening the restaurant. We had over two hundred five star reviews and was hoping our last be one more. I always took pride in every meal whether it was one of our great steaks or a sandwich. Joseph's was a special place for a lot of people and I am sorry it is now gone. Joseph

Reviewed March 14, 2017

There were 13 of us sharing a special day. We had a waiter assigned to us only who attended to all our needs in a friendly and professional way. The food was excellent.
I have been to the restaurant after the special day and again the steak melted in your mouth. Well worth the price.

1  Thank Monica J
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

Thank you for the nice review and hope to see you soon. Make it a point to also try one of our new amazing Italian Dishes

Reviewed February 15, 2017

I wanted to take my wife somewhere new for Valentine's Day, and reviews here pointe me to Joseph's Steakhouse; I was not disappointed. Parking was a bit dicey due to the recent snowfalls but there was more than enough across the street that provided easy access to the entrance.

We were seated a few minutes after arrival. Service wasn't the fastest, but was suitable for us since we had nothing else planned and were not in a hurry. My wife's meal consisted of a iceberg wedge salad, slice steak and shrimp Oscar, and a chocolate tartufo which were all delicious, according to her. I started with the mac and cheese lobster fritter, slice sirloin steak bordelaise, and the peanut butter explosion dessert, which was one of the combinations available on their $29.95 February special. My entree was delightful- very flavorful and thoroughly enjoyable. Throw in two sodas and a coffee, tax, and tip, and the total of $102.45 compares favorably with similar meals at the steakhouses in NYC. Definitely a nice go-to place a little off the beaten path (Route 9G instead of the main route 9).

1  Thank tektektek
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review and next time we are not so busy we can really give a lot more personal attention. Look for our new Menu coming out this weekend. Some amazing new Italian dishes. Again thank you Joseph