“Made a good sandwich”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Creek Road
Transit: Dutchess
Description: Joseph's Steakhouse is minutes from Culinary, Marist and Vassar College. Located next to Val-Kill. Eleanor Roosevelt's National Site in Historic Hyde Park and minutes from FDR Library. Joseph's Italian Steakhouse was once part of Val-Kill and was called Val-Kill Station. Val-Kill Station from 1933 to 1949 servered as a Tea Room restaurant serving a Tea Luncheon to Royal families & travlers visting the Roosevelts. Besides our great steaks and seafood, Joseph Steakhouse still continues the tea luncheon tradition by reservation only in the tea room. Available daily for Groups of 25 or more. Private room for catering.
Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

Only was there once and everyone enjoyed. Restaurant is now CLOSED due to a recent fire. Hope they or someone else rebuilds.

Joseph's S, Manager at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2017

Steve, thanks for the review and not sure what the future is for Joseph's. The building is totally destroyed. I was in the kitchen one minute before it exploded and lucky to be alive. God must still has plans for me not sure it is reopening the restaurant. We had over two hundred five star reviews and was hoping our last be one more. I always took pride in every meal whether it was one of our great steaks or a sandwich. Joseph's was a special place for a lot of people and I am sorry it is now gone. Joseph

Reviewed March 14, 2017

There were 13 of us sharing a special day. We had a waiter assigned to us only who attended to all our needs in a friendly and professional way. The food was excellent.
I have been to the restaurant after the special day and again the steak melted in your mouth. Well worth the price.

1  Thank Monica J
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

Thank you for the nice review and hope to see you soon. Make it a point to also try one of our new amazing Italian Dishes

Reviewed February 15, 2017

I wanted to take my wife somewhere new for Valentine's Day, and reviews here pointe me to Joseph's Steakhouse; I was not disappointed. Parking was a bit dicey due to the recent snowfalls but there was more than enough across the street that provided easy access to the entrance.

We were seated a few minutes after arrival. Service wasn't the fastest, but was suitable for us since we had nothing else planned and were not in a hurry. My wife's meal consisted of a iceberg wedge salad, slice steak and shrimp Oscar, and a chocolate tartufo which were all delicious, according to her. I started with the mac and cheese lobster fritter, slice sirloin steak bordelaise, and the peanut butter explosion dessert, which was one of the combinations available on their $29.95 February special. My entree was delightful- very flavorful and thoroughly enjoyable. Throw in two sodas and a coffee, tax, and tip, and the total of $102.45 compares favorably with similar meals at the steakhouses in NYC. Definitely a nice go-to place a little off the beaten path (Route 9G instead of the main route 9).

1  Thank tektektek
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review and next time we are not so busy we can really give a lot more personal attention. Look for our new Menu coming out this weekend. Some amazing new Italian dishes. Again thank you Joseph

Reviewed February 6, 2017

14 of us went to Josephs for a private celebration and sat quietly in the catering hall, if you met my family, a separate room is needed.. let me say there were a few who were worried on the selections. Well, BAM! We had choices of sooo many options (lets see 8 oz filets (the preferred by many) done perfectly, rib eye that melts in your mouth, sliced steak and shrimp Oscar wow, eggplant stackers that my lil neice devoured. even the chicken nuggets were the bomb for the lil guy...House salad always a delight, appetizers specially made for our crew, delightful and can"t tell you.. Oops forgot about the flowing martinis and great reds we enjoyed before dinner and definitely during, we wont talk about the bar bill..thanks Bro! Joseph hats off to a very enjoyable and well put together experience.. see ya soon!

1  Thank Paul E
Reviewed January 19, 2017

The waitress was pleasant and personable. The onion soup was good, not overly salty as it can sometimes be and the salad fresh as one can get for the middle of the winter. The cheese steak was good. Not something one would rave about, but good. The disappointment was the rubbery, overdone lobster and the totally dry, with a slightly burnt after taste, chips. The overcooked food on a slow afternoon is something I would expect on a bad night at a diner, not so at a higher price steakhouse. It has been many years since the last visit and I recall an enjoyable evening. Not that the visit was bad, mostly because of the staff being friendly. The visit was like the chips, I left with a bad taste in my mouth. Disappointing, particularly because of the price.

4  Thank Buddy N