“Superb!”

Joseph's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Joseph's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Hyde Park
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Creek Road
Transit: Dutchess
Description: Joseph's Steakhouse is minutes from Culinary, Marist and Vassar College. Located next to Val-Kill. Eleanor Roosevelt's National Site in Historic Hyde Park and minutes from FDR Library. Joseph's Italian Steakhouse was once part of Val-Kill and was called Val-Kill Station. Val-Kill Station from 1933 to 1949 servered as a Tea Room restaurant serving a Tea Luncheon to Royal families & travlers visting the Roosevelts. Besides our great steaks and seafood, Joseph Steakhouse still continues the tea luncheon tradition by reservation only in the tea room. Available daily for Groups of 25 or more. Private room for catering.
“Superb!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband and I wanted to go out for a great steak. We live in LaGrange and I googled steakhouses. We choose Joseph's and were so happy. The place is quite quaint, my only suggestion would be to make the second dining area to look like main dining room because it is charming. With that said, everything we ordered was fresh, delicious, hot and the service was top notch. Thanks Michael. We will absolutely be returning and this time bringing friends.

1 Thank Stacey M
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
First thank you for the nice review. Five stars for food and service that's a winner. I also think the main dining room is charming. In case you did not know this room was once Eleanor Roosevelt's tea room in the 1930's. We try to maintain that charm and it is still called the Tea Room. But the second dining room I love also but it has a different charm, it is all about one of my favorites Frank Sinatra. So what ever room that you like to dine in I will try to give you a great dining experience. Hope to see you again soon and again thank you.

Portland, Oregon
“So Helpful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Let me preface this review with first stating that I have never eaten here!
My best friend, who lives nearby, has a birthday coming up and I know she and her husband love this restaurant. I live in California and thought a gift certificate from Joseph's would be nice to give her as a birthday gift. Unfortunately, there was not an option for me to purchase a gift card online, so I called the restaurant. A gentleman named Michael answered the phone and could not have been more sweet and helpful! He asked me what I wanted to write on the card, took my information over the phone and even paid for the postage for me! He was happy to offer his assistance and told me he would have it in the mail right away. Thanks Michael!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank lemonwheel
Central Village, Connecticut
“Great steaks - they deserve their reputation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

We chose Joseph's based on other reviews about the beef. We agree wholeheartedly with the reviews - the beef is superb. They know what "medium-rare" is, and all the steaks brought to our table were perfectly cooked.

The shrimp cocktail and soup were excellent. The soup was home-made, with chunks of beef, lentils, and a rich sauce.

We had the twice-baked potatoes which were very good. The mushroom/onion side dish was also very well received and my wife rated it excellent. I tried the asparagus with béarnaise sauce. The asparagus was cooked perfectly; the sauce was just OK, not up to the level of the other food. I thought it was thick but not really flavorful.

Desserts were outstanding - the creme brûlée and the carrot cake topped off an excellent meal. My wife's cappuccino made with decaf coffee was truly outstanding.

We were seated quickly, the staff was very attentive, and even waiters who didn't have our table moved quickly to remove dishes when we were done. It's clear this is a family location because everyone is responsible for every customer for their entire visit. A very friendly place we'd be happy to visit again when in the area.

2 Thank Fusion_Pilot
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Nice when we get a four courses review. The Shrimp cocktail is that good because it is made fresh daily. The homemade soup that day was our Beef Barley. I think this is my favorite of the homemade soups that we make. In case you did not know the beef in that soup are pieces of NY strip steak and filet mignon. For you entrée I am not sure what steak you had only that it was cook perfectly and your wife and you enjoyed it. Both of these results make me pleased also. Sorry about the béarnaise just being ok. I talked to the chef because being ok is not what we want either. Chef said he thinks he is going to change the recipe a little to maybe increase the flavor. Thank you on the outstanding desserts comment. Michael makes a special crème brulee each week and the carrot cake is our house favorite. I give your review a 5 star rating from Joseph's. Thank you and hope you return soon, Joseph
LaGrangeville, New York
“Great Steakhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Went to Joseph's out of a google pick. WOW! We were not disappointed at all. We were sat down right away on a Saturday night, even though it was crowded, there are plenty of tables. Service was friendly and timely. Best part was the meal, large menu, generous portions and top quality meat. The restaurant is a little out of the way, but worth the trip. Thanks guys for a great experience in dining.

2 Thank autobody3
Wappingers Falls, New York
“Good - not Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Outstanding service and attention. Good food quality. but not a high end NYC steakhouse. maybe I am a snob. Excellent cuts of meat.

Visited January 2014