“If you want a real steak come here”

Joseph's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Joseph's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Hyde Park
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Creek Road
Transit: Dutchess
Description: Joseph's Steakhouse is minutes from Culinary, Marist and Vassar College. Located next to Val-Kill. Eleanor Roosevelt's National Site in Historic Hyde Park and minutes from FDR Library. Joseph's Italian Steakhouse was once part of Val-Kill and was called Val-Kill Station. Val-Kill Station from 1933 to 1949 servered as a Tea Room restaurant serving a Tea Luncheon to Royal families & travlers visting the Roosevelts. Besides our great steaks and seafood, Joseph Steakhouse still continues the tea luncheon tradition by reservation only in the tea room. Available daily for Groups of 25 or more. Private room for catering.
“If you want a real steak come here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

We ate a this place after a business function. The staff was very friendly and was attentive to our needs. I ordered the NY strip and my girlfriend had the Chicken Marsala. The food was excellent. The steak was a true dry aged cut that had terrific flavor. It is very hard to find a steak like this in the Hudson Valley. The steak was similar to that of something you would find in NYC. The chicken was also good. We enjoyed out meal and were treated well. There were a few small things that kept me from a full 5 star rating but I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a good steak!

1 Thank Broker520
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for the nice review, the Aged NY Strip is also my favorite. We had a really busy day with Regional Chamber After Hours, so that might of have a bearing on the few things that did not make it five star visit. Hope to make it a five star on you next visit. Again Thank You, Joseph

“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

The waiter made a wine suggestion that was perfect and a cake suggestion was also great. And the meal as always was good. I prefer to order my own steak rather than a steak for 2. It was a touch overdone for my likings.

2 Thank mike1648
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Yummy is a word we like to hear and we do have a couple of new steaks you can try. Hope to see you soon and thank you Joseph
Syracuse, New York
“Happiness in Hyde Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

On a cold and rainy Thursday in September, a great steak was all I could think about. We ended up here at 6:30pm. Our first obersvation was that it was spotless, and tastefully decorated. I had the cowboy and my wife had a filet.

Both cooked perfectly to temp. The food was excellent, the atmosphere is welcoming. Lastly, I have to mention how impressed we were with our servers and the owner. Full of information regarding local shopping and sightseeing, they couldn't have been any better.

The owner, Joseph, was like talking with someone I had known for many years. Keep up the good work. We'll be back next time we're travelling through.

2 Thank anthonymci1
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank You and happiness is also having such nice quest visiting Joseph's Steakhouse
NY
“A great brunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We went to Joseph's Steakhouse for brunch. Delightful selection on the menu. Not your everyday typical brunch. The French toast was incredible! My husband ordered the Eggs Benedict. Glad he did because I enjoyed trying both! And our service was perfect... Just as we needed them they were at the table. Great staff! Great restaurant! If you plan on going you won't be disappointed!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank debsterscribe
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I were visiting family in the Poughkeepsie area. We travel quite a bit and try all sorts of restaurants all over the world. We are always pleased to find a family-run business with a happy staff and friendly owners. This is a steakhouse but I am a bolognese lover. I order it whenever I see it on any menu. Joseph's dish was some of the best I've had. We look forward to visiting again when we are in the area. Thank you, Joseph and Michael, for making our night a such special one! We hope to come back soon.

2 Thank Peripatetic2013
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
So glad you enjoyed you Bolognese at Joseph's. Special evening for special people.

Joseph