“Simply amazing, perfect for a night out” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Joseph's Steakhouse

Joseph's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Joseph's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Hyde Park
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Creek Road
Transit: Dutchess
Description: Joseph's Steakhouse is minutes from Culinary, Marist and Vassar College. Located next to Val-Kill. Eleanor Roosevelt's National Site in Historic Hyde Park and minutes from FDR Library. Joseph Steakhouse was once part of Val-Kill and was called Val-Kill Station. Val-Kill Station from 1933 to 1949 servered as a Tea Room restaurant serving a Tea Luncheon to Royal families & travlers visting the Roosevelts. Besides our great steaks and seafood, Joseph Steakhouse still continues the tea luncheon tradition by reservation only in the tea room. Available daily for Groups of 25 or more.
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
“Simply amazing, perfect for a night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife took me to Joseph's for my birthday and i was simply amazed. Having never been before I didn't know what to expect, and i was pleasantly surprised. We started off with baked clams and a crock of French Onion soup. Both were great but the French Onion soup was the best i have had. For dinner she had the shrimp scampi and i had a 22oz aged rib eye. The steak was honestly the best i have had in the Hudson Valley. It rivals any steak you could find in New York City. Our amazing dinner was made that much better by the wait staff. They were extremely professional and knowledgeable. Truly a great place to have a classy night out as a couple or with friends.

• 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Richard F
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Richard, my staff and I are glad to hear that you enjoyed your birthday. I think the french onion soup is one of the best I ever tasted also. But your Cowboy Steak that you enjoyed so much is what we are really about. Your comment about being the best steak in the Hudson Valley was great and we hope that every steak that comes out of our kitchen is the best. The Cowboy is one of our signature steaks and is a premium dry age cerified angus steak, Most of our steaks are dry aged at least 21 days but our signature steaks are close to 30 days. Besdes buying only Cerified Angus Beef and dry aging is what separates our Steakhouses from most others. Again thank you for the nice review.

Rhinebeck, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My new favorite restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had a fabulous dinner at Joseph's last evening...mussels fra diavolo, filet mignon, cajun green beans, wild rice. The waiter, Michael, suggested a great glass of wine for me! I loved the Frank Sinatra room! The restaurant was busy, but the staff was very attentive and the meal came in a timely manner. Fantastic meal, great help, clean, family atmosphere. Will be returning!

1 Thank Courtney12572
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Frank & I are glad you like the Sinatra Room. Our two dinning rooms have two differant taste. The Tea Room for the quaint touch and being the room once used as Eleanor Roosevelts Tea Room. The Sinatra Room has a great look with the wide board wood floors and all the pictures of my favorites ( Frank, Dean,Tony and the Rat Pack ). My favorite room is the Pub Room, I just love that old pub look. Thank You and Frank and I hope to see you soon. Joseph
NY
“Fine Dining in the Hudson Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have enjoyed dinner at Joseph's twice in the past month and I have to say we enjoyed it very much both times. Our first visit was on our anniversary on Dec 4th and not knowing what to expect we were pleasantly surprised by the attention to detail. Our server was very professional and efficient yet made us feel welcome too. We enjoyed a special appetizer followed by an upgraded salad which was really good. We both chose a filet which were served on a piping hot skillet which was an interesting presentation but kept the steak hot thought the meal. We finished off with a great desert. The menu was extensive and catered for all tastes and budgets. We left feeling that we had found a special place.
Three weeks later we had guests visiting from England and of course we had to share the experience with them. We had a great time again and this time met the owner too. I had a prime rib which was one of the best I have had since we left Chicago! If you are visiting in the area you must try this place. If you live in the area you need to visit to support them they are providing us a great place with great food and a warm yet classy atmosphere.

1 Thank harleyboy50
Joseph's S, Manager at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review. Resently we had a customer that comment on our nice reviews. He loved the reviews but was also impressed that I answered most of them. My comment was if a customer took the time to write a review. I enjoy reading them and will always fine the time to answer. I also like to pick something out that was a special comment. In your review the comment of " The menu was extensive and catered to all tastes and budgets". I am glad that you get what our menu is all about. Again thank you for finding the time for this review. Joseph
POUGHKEEPSIE
“Wonderful dinner with the family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife decided we should have a spontaneous night out with our two daughters and suggested we go to Joseph's. We started with delicious wrapped scallop appetizers and nice crisp salads. The dinners were great as well. I had a nice 9 ounce filet, while my wife had an open face prime rib sandwich which was very tender. One daughter had salmon which she enjoyed very much and the other one enjoyed a large plate of mussels with white wine sauce. We finished the evening with a delicious pumpkin cheese cake and vanilla creme brulee. The waiter was very helpful and friendly (as always). This is certainly our local favorite!

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the nice review. The nicest thing is that you enjoyed it as a family. I glad that you mentioned our wonderful seafood. Our solgan is "More that just a Steakhouse" and now you know why. We have a lot of customers that come to Josephs for just our fresh seafood. Besides the scallops and fresh salmon we always have a fresh catch of the day along with the best lobster tails in town. I almost forgot my favorite the Zeppa di Pesce. I hope we continue to be your local favorite and again thank you. Joseph
Medford, Massachusetts, United States
“Warm and Inviting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I went during the holidays and the restaurant was so tastefully decorated and, quite literally, warm. What a nice change from the usual draftiness of restaurants! The wait staff was extremely refined and sophisticated. Joseph himself was very personable and we ended up having many conversations. The food was some of the most fantastic food I've ever tasted. Living in the area, it will most definitely be a place to which I will return.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
I am aways glad to read a nice review. We try to have every patron leave here with a feeling of a fine dinning experience and a great meal. You are one of our special customers. Thank you and visit real soon