“Hyde Park boating”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Hyde Park Landing
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This is a private marina and not open to the general public. It does not have a public boat launch. It has no public access to the river.

4  Thank BRR R
Reviewed September 24, 2011

The mooring facilities are fine, but we just want boaters to know that, although the Mapteck cruising guide led us to believe that the two transient moorings were free at Hyde Park Landing, our experience was a different thing.

After, tying our boat up to the mooring buoy, a gentleman came up in a row boat to collect 30$ for the right to stay tied up at that place. We were a bit surprised and told him about our expectations, but the gentlemen told us that the Hyde Park Landing internet site mentioned there was a mooring fee.

Well we did pay up, but on my return home I checked with the Hyde Park Landing internet site and I found the rate was advertised at 15$. But now that it is on TripAvisor's list of reviewable sites, the rate & access page has been updated to reflect the 30$ we had to pay.

Well, we are glad our review has made this info a little more transparent, because I have traveled this part of the river many times and I did choose Hyde Park Landing because I was led to believe it was free. Previously, I have been in the habit of stopping at Poughkeepsie Yacht Club, and for a 20$ mooring fee I had access to toilets, showers and many other services not available at Hyde Park Landing. Guess were we will stop on our next stop in the area.

5  Thank VraiReal

Been to Hyde Park Landing? Share your experiences!