“Derbies”

Add it.
Darby O' Gills
Ranked #18 of 47 Restaurants in Hyde Park
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/darby-o-gills-hyde-park
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Derbies”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided to treat my parents to a quick he together dinner here. It wasn't the first time we went but it was defiantly the last! It took 15 minutes to even get our drink order, and there were only about 3 or 4 other tables taken in the restaurant. After we got put food if we asked for a side of ranch she gave us an attitude like why didn't you ask when you ordered. We asked for a side of valcanic sauce for wings and she replied there's tobacco on the table. Nonetheless we ate our food and left. Little did we know that the waitress took it open herself to make her own tip amount. She added 10 dollar tip onto our bill after we left one in cash!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank kailen f

Amherst, OH
“Darby O Gills”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stop in there for a quick one. Really nice sports bar. Our waitress was so friendly, loved her. Felt very much at home. And although we didn't have any food, our drinks were very good.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank AmherstTraveler
Staatsburg, New York
“Excellent Food, Great Beer, Fun People at Darby's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Really excellent food, great beer, and fun people are all staples at Darby's in Hyde Park. It may not look like much from the outside but, once you walk through the doors, you'll be glad you did. The waitstaff, no matter what time of day or how busy, are always really friendly, helpful, and pleasant. Sometimes a customer with a little too much to drink going on is a pain but one will find that all over the planet. The beers on tap are fresh and cold and they have an interesting selection. All around, a great place with reasonable prices and a very pleasant atmosphere.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Pryst
Hyde Park, New York
“Ugghhh”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

First, Let me say that I love the wings, especially the gold rush wings. That being said. I usually get them for take out. My daughter loves to have them and instead of eating at a bar we bring them home. Almost every time we order them they get it wrong. I am so aggravated that I finally decided to let them know through a poor review. The first time they gave me the wrong item, I choked and gagged on infernos instead of the gold rush that I ordered, one bite and I was burnt!! The manager, I don't recall her name apologized profusely and said stop in and get a gift certificate. It was for eight dollars and change, the cost of an order of wings......really? You injure a customer and that's the way you handle it, poor, poor, poor customer service. Tonight, when I called I got three different reasons why my order was wrong, finally I got an " I must have misunderstood" . I'm not driving back and forth because your employees are inept and the management is in need of retraining. Not going back, I'll make my own wings instead, at least I won't get hurt by ghost peppers!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Chefspalate
Hyde Park, NY
“Good Food, Good Drinks, Casual Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My favorite parts of Darby's are the good drinks (the bartender will even create something special for you if you tell him/her what you're in the mood for, ie, something tropical, something chocolate, etc.) and the Irish Nachos, which are crispy waffle fries smothered in melted cheese and bacon bits. If you are looking for an appetizer with your drink, look no further! It's huge, so plan on sharing. The music if fine until the college crowd comes in around 10ish, and then it gets, well, more like a college bar. Overall, it's a great stop for lunch, dinner or just drinks :)

Visited June 2013