“Very nice dining experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyde Park Brewing Company

Hyde Park Brewing Company
Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in Hyde Park
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“Very nice dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had the pleasure of dining at the Hyde Park Brewery last Saturday. The parking lot is always full (a good sign). We were greeted by the hostess and informed of a 10 minute wait. In the meantime I was able to sample one of their specialty October brews, which was outstanding. We had the Hungarian goulash soup (made with beer)... Incredible. I could have made a meal of the soup alone. We then had sauerbraten with braised red cabbage and potato dumplings with gravy. A good choice if I say so. I prefer a little more zing in the gravy. I was really looking forward to the chicken paprikash as I remember my grandmothers. Unfortunately, they ran out. Still the sauerbraten was a hit. Oh yes very plentiful portions, we took the rest home. They also had night time entertainment - a local band. Would I to back and visit again.......yes without a doubt. Waitress service was also very good, friendly and attentive to our needs. Prices are moderate but reasonable. Please say hello to Jeanine the general manager and Richard the owner....very good hosts.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Haymarket, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super, as always.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Great bar atmosphere, super restaurant. Food is always really good! We eat there every time we're in the area. Always a great experience.

Visited September 2013
Danbury, Connecticut
“Expected more...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We chose mainly due to the fact that my dad is in a wheelchair and it is very handicapped friendly. There were 8 of us and the food was ok. Nothing special. We went for lunch on a Sunday. The service was ok. You could tell our waitress did NOT want to be there almost to the point where I felt like an inconvenience. Would probably not go back or recommend it.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Went with a group of friends. Not a bad menu, something for everyone. Food was decent. Service was ok.

Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
“Comfortable yet empty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I stopped there for lunch while playing tourist on our last day in the area. He's the beer lover so he tried a flight of beers. He was not impressed stating they all tasted the same and had no body. The menu was about what one would expect for a brew pub. He had the turkey club it had "some funky dressing" that did not suit his taste. I had a lamb burger which was a little dry and more well done than I had ordered. I am not much of a burger person so the lamb burger was a nice change of pace. The service was rather slow for a restaurant that didn't have many patrons for a Sunday afternoon.

• 2 of 5 bubbles